Jason

Stepping out of my office I walk down the corridor as my phone vibrates in my pocket. Pulling it out I press the answer key as I make my way down the stairs towards the front door. "yea..."

"sir .......its Rain," my beta says in a strained voice causing me to stop in my tracks. "What about Rain," I say as I grip the phone so tightly in my hand that my knuckles turn white. "She's in the hospital ....the ba....." before he could finish the rest of his sentence I hang my phone up as I rush out the house and toward my car. Climbing in my car I quickly speed down the road towards the hospital pushing the accelerator as fast as it could go.

Swerving through traffic I send a prayer up to the moon goddess praying that my mate and pup our both OK. Gripping the steering wheel I speed past a few red lights as I see the hospital in my view. "I'm almost there guys just hold on ...I'm coming," I say aloud as I swerve into the emergency room entrance and sprint out of my car and towards the automatic doors.

Looking around frantically I try to stay calm as I try to find a nurse station that could point me in the right direction. Spotting an older woman with greying hair sitting behind a desk I run-up to her eager to get to my family. "where is Rain Steels" I nearly yell in the woman's face, not to be rude but I was an Alpha on a mission at the moment. Nearly shaking in her seat for dear life she slowly lifts her small wrinkled hand as she points down a long corridor.

"R...r..room 222......209" she stutters looking down in her lap. Feeling I was making her scared I try to calm my temper down as I stare at the woman. "thank you" I say curtly as I make my way briskly down the hall the nurse pointed to and towards the door that reads 209. "Alpha Keller ....?"

Hearing my name being called I turn around and come face to face with Rain's parents. Seeing the looks of pain and stress on their faces had my stomach turning in knots. Please let them be OK I think to myself as Rain's mom walks closer to me and wraps her tiny arms as much as she could around my much larger body.

Feeling her break down I gently pat her back as she mumbles incoherently into my chest. "What did you say" I whisper as I strain my wolf hearing to hear her speak. "I am so sorry...." she says breaking down even further as her husband grabs her from my arms and pulls her to him walking her towards a small sitting area off to the side,''

Thinking the worst happened I waste no time in barging into the room, opening the door I see my mate laying on a hospital bed and I feel my heart breaking in my chest. "Jason...." hearing my name from her sweet lips had me so happy to know she was alive. Moving toward her side I sit in a chair that was placed next to her bed as she blacks out. 

After a couple of hours have passed she finally comes to. Pulling her hand into mine I stroke the back of her knuckles as she looks into my eyes with the saddest expression I have ever seen. "I know I haven't been all nice to you.....b....but the baby was yours just as much as it was mine," she says her bottom lip quivering uncontrollably. "Wait ....what do you mean was... where is the baby" I say jumping backward and knocking the chair over in the process.

"where is my baby," I say hoping that her answer will be different than the last time, that this was all just a joke and some one was going to jump out any minute now and yell surprise. Seeing the sadness reflected in her eyes I knew that, that wasn't going to happen, feeling the air being taken from me I fall backward into the wall.

"NO.....NOOOOOOOOOO" it's not supposed to be like this, we were supposed to be happy and falling in love and having lots and lots of pups starting with the one that was growing in your damn stomach....why couldn't you just accept me why couldn't you make this shit easier for us...WHY THE HELL DID YOU HAVE TO FIGHT ME EVERY STEP OF THE DAMN WAY....It's your fault our pup is not with me" I say seeing the hurt flash in her eyes as they well up with the UN shed tears.

"I tried over and over to show you how much I care but it meant nothing to you, so I'm going to give you exactly what you have been asking for since the first time we met...I'm going to leave you alone.....obviously I cant reject you because we already fully mated but I never want to see you again," I say feeling the area around my heart harden as I stare into her grief-stricken face.

Walking toward the door I put my hand on the handle debating if I should go back or not when memories of why I wasn't apart of her life or pregnancy hit me full force. Maybe if she would have been in my life like a mate is supposed to we could have prevented the disaster of losing our pup. Pulling myself together, I forcefully push the door open as I stomp pass her parents who had confused looks on their faces and out of the hospital towards my car.

Sitting behind the wheel of the car I feel my last grasp on sanity break why in the world would the moon goddess bless me with things I couldn't have. I have done nothing and yet I get nothing in return for my happiness. Slamming my fist repeatedly on the steering wheel I feel my wolf very close to the edge as memories of the last few months come to mine.

Meeting my mate for the first time, having my pup grow inside of her, her not wanting us to work it was just so much that I could handle and losing all the things that I hold dear to my heart is one of the many things I cant handle. Deciding it would be best if I ran home I quickly hop out the car and run straight toward the woods, shifting in mid-air I run full speed towards home feeling the dirt beneath my paws and the harshness of the wind blowing my fur, at this moment its the only time where I don't feel any of my human emotions and I'm grateful for the break.

Breaking through the edges of woods in the backyard of my house I go behind a tree that I keep a pair of spare clothes just in case of an emergency. Slipping on the black tee and cargo shorts I make my way into the house and up the stairs to my office ignoring everyone who saw me on the way, right now I just wanted to be alone with my thoughts.

Slamming my office door behind me a sickly sweet scent hits me and I knew instantly who it was, looking up I stare at the one girl who I use to mess with even before I was who I am now. She had long bleach blond hair that touched her waist, a model body and the bluest set of eyes, in all honesty, she was beautiful, but she didn't hold a candle to my mate ...damn I think to myself hating myself for even thinking of her, finally deciding it was time to address her I look into her cold eyes and remembered why it would have never worked out she was too power-hungry  "what do you want Kayla?"