Rain

Walking into The high school I keep my head down like I do every day. I kept to myself mostly, only talking to my friend Kim who I've known since we were in the sandbox. This is our last year of high school and I couldn't wait for it to be over I'm really thinking about traveling the world maybe visit a few packs to look for my mate. Just the thought of finding the one person the moon goddess made for me brings joy to my heart and a small smile to my face.

That has been one of my biggest goals in life since I was like eight, to find my mate and have pups, he would love me unconditionally. Smiling to myself at that thought I open my locker and pull out my books for my first class Chemistry yay so fun....just kidding never fun. "Heyy there Rainey," says Kim leaning on the locker next to mine, sporting a pair of skinny jeans, brown boots, and a nice brown blouse that showed a good amount of her ample cleavage.

"Hey," I say as I look down at my own attire of plain jeans and white shirt, with my Jordan shoes. I was never one to be into dressing up, give me a plain pair of jeans and a shirt and I was fine with that.

 "Oh my god is that who I think it is," Kim says from next to me at our lockers. she stares wide-eyed and opened mouth at whoever coming down the hallway. "What are you talking about," I say stepping away from my locker and looking in the same direction she was looking only to have my world turned upside down. The Alphas nerdy son Jason turned into the sexiest thing ever. feeling my legs get weak just from the sight of him I grab a hold to the locker for support. What is happening to me. I never get this flustered by a guy.

"That is him, Jason.....Jason Keller" Kim says from next to me obviously oblivious to the torment that I am currently going through at the very moment. "What in gods named happened to him, he is to die for," she says biting her lower lip in a suggestive manner, still not looking away from Jason as he makes his way down the hall with a big boob, no brain bimbo hanging off his arm. 

Stopping right in front of us his scent hits me full force causing me to stumble back into my locker.  My wolf begins to howl with happiness, I found my mate and he's The soon to be Alpha in the few months, you have got to be fucking kidding me. I think to my self as I look him over from the bottom of his feet toward a face that was just perfection.

Taking in the whole picture of his face he gives me a small satisfied smirk and a sexy dimple smile. I feel my heart rate pick and we lock eyes at that moment. The bell then rings bringing us out of our own little world only for reality to kick in. I am then reminded of someone near him. I look toward the chick on his arm hurt and jealousy flash through my eyes. How could he be mine but have this trash all over him, as if she belongs to him.

"I need to go," I say turning around to make a run for it, I run as fast I can into a classroom down the hall and around the corner. Breathing in deeply I try to get my erratic breathing under control and the anger from coursing through my veins. Hearing the door close and lock behind me my body stiffens and tingles shoot up my arm and I know it's him touching me.

He leans in close to my body. So close the hairs on the back of my neck stand up causing goosebumps to form on my skin. whispering low in my ear causing chills to run down my spine he says low and deep "I've been dreaming of this day for years now...Mate..."  trailing his lips down to the place were his mark would be a shiver runs through me "you may think running away from me will make me stop but trust me little one, I'm a different man now and I get what I want...... and right now ms. Rain Marie Steels....... I want YOU"   

Hearing him say those words had my wolf scratching to get out so that our mate could claim us but, the more human side of me was smarter than that, falling for a pretty face and well-toned body would only lead me to heart brake in the future.

Gathering as much strength as I could I slid my body from under his, right when he was leaning in to kiss me. Without looking back over my shoulder I make a quick exit and head towards my first class of the day English. 

"Great....now he made me late" I mumble a loud as I sneak into the classroom only to see all eyes on me and the teacher looking at me disapprovingly. Wasnt my fault the damn future Alpha cornered me, I think to myself as I say quick mumbling apology.  I make my way to the last seat in the back of the classroom, slumping in my chair I take in a deep breath trying to calm the erratic beating of my heart. This day is getting worse and worse I think to myself as I pull my books out my bags and put them on my desk "what else could go wrong...." I say aloud to myself. Shaking my head in frustration I begin to take notes.

After several classes, the sound of the bell rings and I walk out of my third class today more tired than when I first walked into the school. Thank god for lunchtime because after the day I had I am more than starving. Walking to the line I grab a tray and pile food onto it, getting to the end of the line I pay the lunch lady and scan the crowded cafeteria for Kim. 

My eyes land on a girl and guy sucking faces at a table in the middle of the room the girl had bleached blond hair and way too much make up on that it made her look more like a clown than attractive. Looking closely at the guy I realized that it was Jason, Feeling my heartbreak at the sight I dump my food in a nearby trash bin and rush out the lunchroom as the tears I tried so hard to hold in were now coming down my face so fast I couldn't see where I was going until I bumped into something hard and felt my self falling clumsily to the floor.

"You okay little lady," Says a masculine voice in a deep southern drawl, looking up I feel my breath catch in my throat. Next to my so-called mate, I have never seen anyone with gorgeous eyes as I do now. They shone a deep forest green, very warm and welcoming. Holding out his hand to me he helps me up off of the floor. Wiping off my pants I apologize over and over for being a klutz and not looking where I was going." its okay really" he says smiling a perfect smile.

"my names Camden.....and you are?"