Chapter 10: When Death Is Calling

2:30 A.M.

Doctors POV

Today has been such a crazy day. So many young people have been in today. We saved so many but No matter how much we wish we could save everyone, it's just not possible. There was one who was only about 19.. She was so young, she had her whole life ahead of her, but after trying everything we could, nothing helped. The hardest part about my job is telling the families their loved one didn't make it. It's been such a hectic day,I totally forgot I need to find out who this young girl is and get a hold of her family.

Desiree's POV

As soon as I seen a doctor I ran towards him, "Doctor, Doctor! My sister was just brought in an ambulance, she was kidnapped by her boyfriend. I don't know exactly what happened, But we went out looking for her......." I told him everything, "we got here right before they had to rush her in, I don't think you guys know any information about her, Her name is Crystal, she's really short, has blonde hair? The last time I saw her, her face was full of blood, Please doctor can you help us we need to know what's going on.."

Doctor's POV

"I'm sorry to inform you but a young lady who we didn't know anything about passed away. You guys can come in and see her, follow me."

Desiree's POV

No. This. This just can't be happening. This has to just be a nightmare. Tears are falling from my eyes like crazy. I can't even think straight. How am I going to tell my parents and the rest of the family? I want to just scream right now. I feel as if a part of my heart has just been ripped out of me. My sister? It can't be. It just can't be. This has to be a nightmare. A day can't just go from amazing to the worst day ever. I can't take this pain. I feel it eating me alive. Crystal, why you? I know we fought a lot but I love you. You're my big sister, the one I could always go to when I was in need of advice. You took me anywhere I needed or wanted to go. What am I going to do without you? Life just isn't going to be the same anymore. I love you sister.

Esmeralda's POV

When the doctor said she passed away, I couldn't stop crying. I can't believe this is actually happening right now? Just yesterday we were out having the time of our lives. Now my cousin is gone. How could this have happened? She risked her own life, to save all of ours. She was our rock, the one who never left our side. She stuck by us no matter what. She didn't care if we were wrong or if we fucked up badly, she still loved us and had our backs. She was always there through thick and thin. Crystal, what are we going to do without you? You stayed making us laugh all the time. You've ALWAYS been there for all of us, no matter what situation we were in. You've helped us out through so much. I'm really going to miss you. I love you. I can't stop crying, it hurts too much.

Jasmin's POV

I feel like I can't breath right now. This isn't really happening. It can't be happening. She didn't deserve this. Why her? Why? I'm so speechless right now. Tears pouring out of my eyes like crazy. I'm in shock still. She was finally starting to be happy. She was the best person you could ever meet. She knew how to cheer you up when you were feeling down. She knew exactly what to say to cheer everyone up. She was always there for us when we needed a shoulder to cry on. But now? Now she's gone. Crystal, I love you. Thank you for everything. Thank you for all the wonderful memories you've given us.

Thalia's POV

Everything went blank around me when I heard the doctor say she didn't make it. All these memories of me and her flashed through my head. I smiled and then tears came storming out of my eyes. My heart just broke. I'm hurting so bad right now. I can't even speak. My mind is blown away. I was gone for a month and I just got here yesterday and this happening? This isn't real. It can't be real. Crystal, please tell me this isn't real. Crystal wake me up from this nightmare, please? What am I supposed to do now? You were my best friend, the one I could go to no matter what without being judged. Please come back. Don't leave me. I need you. We need you. Crystal! I hope you know that I'll always love you.

Narrators POV

The girls are all heartbroken. They all look at each other but don't say a word. They just hug each other and let the tears keep coming. Then they follow the doctor to the room where the young unidentified girl was. They walk in. The young girl is covered in a white sheet from head to toe. They still can't believe this is real. They look at each other left and right. They are all left paralyzed, they can't move. They are all left speechless, they don't know what to say. Then the doctor asks if they want to see her one last time before they have to take her.

2:38 AM

Luke's POV

I wake up out of nowhere from this nightmare. Something bad happened to Crystal. My heart feels that this wasn't just a nightmare something really is happening. I grab my phone and call her, I leave her voicemails. I text her. But she doesn't call back or reply. Maybe it was just a nightmare. She's probably asleep right now. 'Crystal, please please call me back or text me back when you see these texts, I need to know you're okay. I just had a nightmare that something happened. Please text/call me as soon as you see this.'

Jai's POV

I haven't been able to sleep. I've been having this bad feeling that something happened. Crystal is the first person my heart tells me that something happened to. I'm worried, even though we don't talk much and I don't feel anything for her, I'm panicking. She seems like an amazing girl. I just hope nothing serious is happening to her. Dear god, please watch over Crystal. Don't let anything happen to her. I love her. I just said I love her.. What's going on with me? I don't know. I just want her to be okay. God please let her be okay.

Beau's POV

I wake up in panic. Something is telling me there's something bad going on with my girlfriend. My heart is beating fast, I feel like I'm running out of oxygen. I need to get a hold of her. I call her over and over but she doesn't answer. Could she just be sleeping? Was it just a nightmare? I don't know. I just pray that she's okay. Dear god please watch over Crystal, she's such an amazing person. She's beautiful inside and out. She seems to brighten up everyone's days. Please let her be okay. Keep her safe and out danger.

2:40 AM

Desiree's POV

"Can you please give us a minute so we could all say our last goodbyes?" I ask the doctor. He agrees and walks out. I'm standing by her. But I'm frozen. I don't know what to do. "Crystal?" She doesn't answer me. "Crystal please come back! We need you!" I can't stop crying. The girls come closer and hug me. I don't think I have the strength to uncover her. Thalia grabs the top of the sheet, her hands are shaking so much. She hesitates to pull it down...