23. Terrible timing

His kiss was harsh and took me by complete and utter surprise. I felt as though I hadn't actually taken a breath since before he opened the shower door. His rough hands had a firm grip on my face and his lips harshly moved against mine, the shock I felt was so intense it took me a while to register what was actually happening and kiss him back.

But when I kissed him back on my god, the feeling that exploded in my belly was unexplainable. This was better than anything I'd experienced in my whole life. My skin was on fire and my mind couldn't focus on anything except the feeling of his lips against mine.

A groan erupted from the back of Carl's throat which led me to believe he felt exactly like I did. He moved his hands down my back and pushed me against the shower wall. The cold wall was an extra sensation aside from his rough hands grasping onto my hips as his kisses grew rougher and more desperate. The hot water was pouring over us I couldn't even believe this was actually happening.

Carl pulled away and looked at my face. The water drenched his hair and his clothes were stuck to his body, his breathing was deep and shallow. God he was so sexy. His smile grew into a smirk and he pushed his body against me again and began kissing my neck. His kisses were slower this time, intense and sloppier. He was stood with his wet jeans pressed hard in between my legs causing friction but not quite enough. He reached behind and turned the shower off which I was quite thankful for as his kisses and the hot water were beginning to make me light headed and I probably could have fainted. All we could hear now was the sound of his lips travelling down to my chest and our heavy breathing. I should have felt awkward being naked while he was fully clothed but I found myself aroused more than anything else.

"AVA ARE YOU HOME?" Lips loud voice completely ruined the moment and Carl pulled away instinctively.
What is with these Gallagher boys and their terrible timing?

...

The ride back to Fiona's house was awkward to say the least. Lip chose to ride back over with Carl and I, giving us no time to talk about what just happened. When Lip ruined our little moment in the shower. We split apart pretty quickly and made a speedy exit to get dressed and not look suspicious. Lip didn't mention the fact that we were both still wet from a shower, however I knew I would probably get quizzes on that later.

We walked into Fiona's and the usual loud and busy atmosphere welcomed us straight away. This was sure to make me forget about the shower moment, at least for the time being. We were going to have to talk about it sooner or later. Why must everything be so damn complicated.

...

"So Ava how long are you staying?" Kev asked me over the table as we all sat and ate. I had been slightly lost in thought, as usual, however his question brought me back to reality quite quickly.

"Umm I'm not really sure, I probably should get back soon I guess." I shrugged, this was another topic of conversation I planned to avoid with myself, and particularly with Carl. Everyone's eyes were on me, all reading differently. I couldn't bring myself to see how Carl felt about it. Not after our moment.

"Hey no rush back right?" Lip said which was sweet because I knew he didn't want me to go but how long could I really stay for.

"Got to go sooner or later I guess, anyway how are the girls?" I asked V to hopefully distract everyone from a decision i wasn't ready to make. Thankfully, it worked and the conversation changed to Kev and Vs gorgeous little girls.

Halfway through dinner I felt Carl's hand rest on my bare knee. It was a sweet gesture and I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face. It also reassured me that maybe things wouldn't be too awkward between us after what happened anyway, we'd been through worse and pulled through.
Of course the gesture turned into something a little hotter when his hand slowly crept up my leg and he firmly gripped my upper thighs, right where my shorts began. I looked at him and he shot me a cheeky wink before moving his hand and dinner went back to normal. What on earth was he doing.

...

"You ready to go Ava?" Lip asked once dinner was finished. I was just about to answer when Carl almost did for me.

"You can stay here again if you want." My heart fluttered at the suggestion and I really did want to. But I also knew that I probably couldn't trust myself not to shag him if I slept with him. I needed to talk with him first.

"That's alright I'll head back." I smiled but I didn't miss the disappointment flash across his face. Maybe I should've just stayed.

We all said our goodbyes in the kitchen and Carl pulled be behind the wall and pressed a kiss to my lips. There was no tongue or heat or anything, just a sweet gesture. Which was highly unlike what our kids before was.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked and I nodded leaving the house a little stumped for words.

...

"So..." Lip began once we were alone in his house. I knew this was coming but I definitely wasn't ready for it.

"Don't even ask." I sighed flopping myself onto the couch. His smirk was plastered across his face of course he was going to ask.

"Did you guys fuck in the shower?" I couldn't help but laugh at his bluntness. He doesn't mess around that's for sure.

"No Lip," I rolled my eyes hoping he would drop the matter after that but I was mistaken.

"What happened then?"

"Oh I don't know." I groaned, not wanting to overthink the situation like I always did. "We kissed."

"That's it?"

"That's it, although may not have been the case if you hadn't gotten home." I laughed knowing for sure that things would have gone further if Lip didn't interrupt.

"Well I'm sorry for cockblocking." He laughed and I joined in.

"I think I'm glad you did. I don't really know what's going on." I sighed just wallowing in the confusion.

"Well you're asking the wrong Gallagher."

He was right.