Going Nowhere

In her hospital gown, Lena pushes her wheelchair to the window. Determined to end her life, she is ready to jump from the edge.

"Don't do it Lena!" Surprised, she turns around and meets Kara's worried face.

"Why not?!" Lena shouts. "My world is crumbling. My homophobic parents disowned me. I got an accident that causes me paralysed. The girl I loved cheated on me while I was in coma. There is no future for me."

"I know that you feel like shit. And I won't say everything is gonna be okay because that's bullshit. There might be good and bad things in our life but even if you can only count good ones with your fingers that happen to you, it's fair to say that you are blessed. Don't throw your life away."

Lena is touched with Kara's word. Slowly, she moves away from the window. Kara grabs Lena's hand and squeezes it gently.

"I will stick through this with you."

"I still don't get why you're being so nice to me. You deserve better, but thank you for still being here for me." Lena cries in Kara's embrace.

"That's what friends are for." Kara kisses her bestfriend's forehead.

It's 200 words, I'm aware. But, I just can't make it shorter. Besides, the longer the merrier, right?! 😅