Chapter 74: Forced to Rest!

Start from the beginning

"Ma-" I started, choking on my dry throat. My gums were throbbing for some reason, and I could feel my teeth doing weird things as my mouth closed.

"Fir? Are you awake?"

Ever so slightly, I nodded.

"Thank Zuelis," she sighed, sitting down on my bedside. "You gave us all a very bad scare again, fainting like that."

The fainting part? Not the healing from fatal wounds and vaporizing a Demonic rock in one punch?

"Are you feeling better?" She asked me, fumbling around on the platter with the bottles there. "Do you want something to drink?"

I nodded again, mouth opening. Magaris gasped and her eyes widened.

"Your teeth...is this because you're part Dragon?"

I didn't know. I sure felt nothing like a Dragon right now, more like a Vampire.

I whispered something, trying to draw my prey closer. My eyes were still closed and Magaris didn't understand anything, so she leaned down while putting her hair behind her ear.

"Is something wrong?" she asked when putting her ear to my lips.

Just a little nibble. Just one was fine.

Just give me your blood.

Having not heard anything from me, she pulled back with a frown just as my jaw went to weakly close on the tip of her ear.

"Can you not speak right now?" she asked me innocently. Irritation was boiling in my gut from letting my prey get away.

Draw it closer again, something whispered deep inside.

A small smile lifted on the corner of my barely parted lips, giving Magaris the idea I was bitterly unable to speak. It drove her away as she said, "Wait here, I'll go get the doctor for you!"

...I can't exactly move, now can I?

Foolish human girl.

--------------------------------------------------------------x-------------------------------------------------------------

A little while later, after being forced to drink more mana potions by Thérèse since she sneaked in and found me awake as well, I was allowed to sit up on my own.

My teeth had shrunk back after I'd been unable to trick anyone closer, and I had given up.

I guess I'll have to do things the normal, human way, my bad attitude sneered.

Stop it, Fir, something snapped in my mind. Snap out of it! Push it back!

Push what back?

The Vampire!

Who're you?! I growled at the invader.

I'm you! Kaya!

Leave, you split soul! I have no need for abominations! That same call for blood had surfaced again, and my teeth flashed for a few seconds in a war of attrition.

You! Go back to where you belong! Kaya shouted, making my head throb. My expression slightly twisted to one of confused discomfort as I became aware of my surroundings.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Someone sidled up to me on that part of the bed again, calling out while clasping my hand.

I looked over at Mother with my still closed eyes. A veil lifted off of me and I suddenly breathed easier as whatever was controlling me, got shoved deep inside again.