The Words

(A/N) This story is pretty much over. It was my first so there wasn't much too it really, but I'm starting one that's sure to be long next, I promise. :)

New York was halfway across the country, but for whatever reason, to the boy’s manager, it seemed like the best place for their next show. I sighed, my head resting against the window of the plane.

“We’re here,” Harry whispered into my ear from behind me. My eyes shot open as I sat up, realizing that people were beginning to move around.

“YES!” I screamed, maybe just a bit too loud. Everybody turned and looked at me. I quickly turned my attention to Elsie, to make it seem like she’d done it. She looked surprised, and a laugh escaped my lips as we stepped off the plane.

I felt a hand tightly grasp mine, and I didn’t even have to check to know who’s it was. I looked up to see Zayn holding my hand.

Wait wha?

“HA! You should’a seen your face!” Zayn laughed, releasing his hand. I glared at him, slapping him on the arm. He laughed, rolling his eyes as he avoided another slap. I felt another hand grip mine, and to my relief, it was my boyfriend.

“I have a surprise for you,” he whispered into my ear, before planting a firm kiss on my cheek. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“YOU WANT ME TO DO WHAT!?” I asked, my jaw hanging low at Harry’s words, “I’m sorry. I really must be going insane from that flight. You want me to go on who’s show?” I asked, my jaw ajar.

“On Miranda Payge’s show,” Harry said. The Miranda Payge show was a show I’d literally grown up watching. I shook my head, letting out a sigh as I tried to regain a sense of reality, “But why?” I asked. 

“For publicity,” Liam added, “Danielle and Eleanor are going on too, it’s just to talk about how being the girlfriend of a One Direction member really is,” He shrugged.

“Management asked for it,” Niall added. I nodded my head, running a shaky hand through my hair.

“Okay - okay. And if I refuse to go on the show?” I asked. 

“They’ll send you home in a heartbeat,” Liam added, “Maybe faster.” My eyes widened, and I found myself desiring Harry’s touch. I moved closer to him, picking up his arm and wrapping it around my shoulder.

“Miss me already?” He joked, whispering in my ear. I rolled my eyes, patting his cheek lightly, “Don’t quit your day job, bud.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat in a chair as women and men alike poked and prodded at my face and hair. A woman in front of me would occasionally walk up to me, hold out an outfit, shake her head, and walk away again. I sighed, allowing a rather flamboyant boy with bleach blonde hair to apply a cherry red lipstick to my lips.

I stepped down from the chair they’d had me in, a happy grin on my lips as I knew that we were finally done. I looked around searching for somebody I knew. I saw Eleanor and Danielle, but I didn’t actually know them. I had only really seen them in pictures and magazines and stuff. I stood by the chair, twiddling my thumbs idoly. 

I looked up and saw a pissed off Lyssa Tomlinson walking passed me. I arched my eyebrow at her - we’d never really spoken before, so going up to her was out.

“You must be Emily! It’s good to finally meet you!” Danielle said, a happy smile on her face. 

I gave her a sheepish grin as a response, “The feeling is mutual,” I said. She giggled, motioning toward Eleanor who was still being tweazed and made up, “That’s Eleanor,” She said with a happy grin. I nodded, making note not to get the two messed up. Okay, not really, they were two completely different people.