11

"So you and Mila are getting pretty close?" Dinah hums from her spot on Lauren's bed where they were 'studying' together.

Lauren smiles a bit at the mention of the girl's name. "I guess, yeah." She agrees, looking down at her work that she had only done half of.

She had gotten distracted after problem ten when her phone beeped and she saw a text from Camz. Lauren couldn't bring herself to concentrate on her homework again.

"You guess? You've practically been glued to your phone for the past three weeks since you met her. And how did you meet her anyways?" Dinah adds, looking at Lauren with a suspicious brow raised.

Lauren hadn't exactly mentioned that Camila was also coincidentally the girl that they had prank texted. Oops. Now was as good a time as any. "I'm not on my phone that much." Lauren lies.

"Yeah and I ain't thicc." Dinah rolls her eyes.

"Uhm, well, you know that number we pranked?" Lauren ignores the girl.

Dinah nods her head. "Yeah that really went downhill didn't it? I mean- wait! Where is this going?"

"Well that number was Camila's number...." Lauren chews on her lip a bit guiltily for not telling her best friends.

"What the fuck Laur?" Dinah shakes her head incredulously. "You know, that actually makes a lot of sense. I mean, you started texting around the same time..."

"I just felt bad so I apologized a few times and then we got to talking and she's just.... she's so interesting. She's different from anyone I've ever met." Lauren voices.

"Like she always asks me these really random questions and she just wants to know everything about me. Like she's always so thoughtful and attentive and she really cares about what I have to say. And she's so shy and cute." Lauren rants, a smile covering her lips.

"So you like her?" Dinah interrupts.

"Yeah, she's becoming one of my best friends." Lauren instantly nods.

"No, I mean you like her. Like, like-like her." Dinah wiggles her brows until Lauren gets the idea.

"I don't know. Maybe. But she wasn't lying when she said her girlfriend broke up with her when we pranked her. She literally just got out of a messy relationship and right now she is far away from wanting another. God she's still heartbroken." Lauren frowns at the thought.

Dinah pouts. "Poor thing."

Lauren nods. "And her Ex is a total bitch and is always out to make her feel like crap. Flaunting her relationship in front of Camila's face, calling her names, insulting her, and guilt tripping the girl. It's horrible."

"Hold up, her ex is already with someone else?" Dinah shakes her head. "What a bitch!"

Lauren hums in agreement. "Yeah she's going through some stuff right now. Even if i did like her, which I'm pretty sure I don't as of now, it would be a while before she's ready for anything romantic."

Dinah nods understandably. "Pretty sure?" She raises a brow.

Lauren shrugs. "Kinda."

Dinah laughs lightly. "Wow you haven't liked anyone since Luis! This is so exciting! I mean when Mila said you flirted with her the other day I figured she was teasing, but you actually have been, haven't you?"