Chapter Twelve- Hitsugaya and Unohana

Aizen, Gin and I had begun to walk away, Hinamori lying lifeless on the ground behind us. I tensed a bit as I felt two new spiritual pressures close in on Central 46.

     “Rin, what's wrong?” Aizen looked down at me as he held my hand, concern written on his face. Though as I look back now I don't think it was concern. It was all a charade to him, he never loved me.

      I smiled up at him and said, “I'm fine, just happy to be leaving.”

     Gin looked at the two of us, I never show emotion he was concerned.

      As we walk Gin's face its normal smile, mine its normal bored expression, an individual enters the housing area.

      Toshiro Hitsugaya.

      “Hello, Captain Hitsugaya.” Aizen smiles and raises his hand in greeting.

      Toshiro looks at Aizen and I, complete shock apparent on his face. We where suppose to be dead after all.

      “Aizen...Rin... What is this... Are you really them?” Toshiro straightens up and looks at us, eyes wide and voice wavering.

      “Of course. As you can see, we are the real thing. Although, your return was much earlier than expected, Captain Hitsugaya.” Aizen looked to his side, first to me, then to Gin.

      “Sorry, seems like Izuru's diversion wasn't good 'nough.” Gin apologizing for the error.

      “What... What the hell are the two of you talking about?!” Toshiro's voice demanding.

      “Nothing that concerns you little boy.” I reply, my voice full of venom towards the prodigy.

      Aizen looks at me, his eye's telling me I spoke out of turn. “What are we talking about?” Aizen's tone the same as normal, soft and calm. “Just some strategy.” he smiles at Toshiro, “Division of the enemy's forces is the first step of a battle strategy, is it not?” Aizen raises his head, his smile is more of a sneer, he's smug with his choice of words. I too must commend him, very smart.

“Enemy?!” Toshiro's eyes grow even wider as he begins to realize. He moves his head side to side, it seems he's trying to locate something, something he lost. “Where is Momo?!” I suppress a giggle at this, does he really need to ask.

      “Well, where could she be...?” I say, my voice utterly devoid of care unlike Aizens.

      Toshiro's eyes go to slits as he understands. He looks right between Aizen and Gin, then flash steps into the building behind them. The building where Momo is dying. As he gets there I chance a look behind, he's frozen, looking straight at Aizen's handy work.

      “Mo...mo...” I barely hear it, but I hear it none the less, it makes me want to smile. As he stands there transfixed at the lifeless body of his childhood friend I walk around to Gin's side and slip my hand in his. Knowing what is going to happen next, I whisper in his ear, just loud enough for him to hear. “Gin, what's wrong?” I had noticed something was off, I knew everything about my brother, but what could it possibly be? I received no answer just his trademark smile.

      “Too bad. You've found her.” Aizen looks over his shoulder to Toshiro's rigid back. “I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. I suppose I should have at least ground her to dust so you wouldn't find her.” I was loving this side of Aizen. I was a young girl in love, a twisted thing I had become.

      I noticed as Aizen spoke Toshiro had balled his hands up into tight little fists. “Aizen, the Ichimarus. Since when were you accomplices?” a fair enough question. Toshiro continued, “Since before you faked your deaths?”