Chapter Two- Hollowfication

“Kaname, deal with them,” it was not a question but an order, and Kaname was good at taking orders.

        “Yes,” Kaname dashed ahead of us unsheathing his Zanpakuto, and saying the word, “Bankai,”

        A black bubble like object surrounded the area ahead of us, blocking out the screams and cry's. I could hear nothing, sense nothing nor see anything that was going on in Kaname's Bankai. I looked up at Aizen about to ask a question when I thought better of it, Aizen was a silent man.

        Kaname released his bankai and  I was then able to see the motionless bodies of Love Aikawa, Lisa Yadomaru, Mashiro Kuna, Hiyori Sarugaki, Hachigen Ushoda, Rojuro Otoribashi and Kensei Muguruma. The only one still moving was Shinji Hirako, fool.

        “You're... Tousen!” Kaname took his mask off as Shinji lay on the ground

barely able to hold his head up. “Why? You... betrayed Kensei... Your own captain,” Shinji was unable to comprehend what Kaname's motives where.

        “He didn't betray anyone. He's quite loyal. In fact...he obeyed every order that I gave to him.” Aizen began walking towards his captain, Gin on his left and I on his right. “Please don't get angry with him, Captain Hirako.” as Aizen advanced the look on Shinji's face turned to one of disgust.

        “Aizen...? I knew it! So you started all this!”

        “ Then you noticed? I'm not surprised.”

        “'Course I did!”

        “Since when?”

        “Since you were kickin' around in your mama's womb.”

        “I see.”

        “I always...knew ya were dangerous; that ya weren't a man to be trusted. That's why I chose ya to be my vice-captain. It was so I could watch you, Aizen!” Aizen just looked at him with the slightest of a smirk on his face.

        “Yes, an I'm most grateful, Captain Hirako. Thanks to your constantly doubting me, you never even realized.”

        “I just said that I did!”

        “No, you didn't see a thing.” Shinji's face was one of shock and Aizen's smirk got even bigger, as he continued, “For this whole month, I wasn't the one walking behind you.” I could tell that Shinji was beginning to sweat, he was shocked, “I can...make my enemies believe anything I want them to. That's my Zanpakutou's, Kyouka Suigetsu's, true ability.” Aizen put his zanpaktuto by his side and looked at it, as it gleamed in the moon light, I looked at it as well, a blank expression on my face, the complete opposite of my brother Gin. “I refer to it's power as...absolute hypnosis,” he lifted his zanpakuto up so it was up at a fifty degree angle covering the corner of his cheek.

        “Absolute hypnosis?”

        Aizen put his zanpakuto back to his side and continued to speak. “ You're a clever man, Captain Hirako. If you had treated me that same way the other captains treat their Lieutenants, you might have seen through it. But you never tried.” Aizen's eye's narrowed slightly, “Since you never trusted me, you always kept me at arms length. You never opened your heart to me, never shared any information. You never tried to know me.” I saw Aizen's head bow slightly as he recalled the events, the smirk still on his face, he then sheathed his zanpakuto, “And that is why you never noticed...when I had someone else take my place. I had my substitute memorize my behavioural patterns and the way I interacted with you and the other captains. If you had truely formed a relationship with me, you would have noticed slight differences in our ticks and mannerisms.” he shook his head slightly, and Shinji, well Shinji just looked at him, “The reason you're down on the ground right now is all because you never bothered to get to know me.” Shinji was angry now, or maybe the look on his face was fear? “Did you understand all that, captain Hirako?”