Chapter Six- Kenpachi and Byakuya

Some more years past, Gin and I became Co-Captains of the third divison and the student's we saved all those years ago graduated and joined squads. Izuru Kira became our Lieutenant, Renji Abarai is in the process of becoming the Lieutenant of the sixth division, Shuhei Hisagi is the Lieutenant of the ninth division, and Momo Hinamori, to my displeasure, is the Lieutenant of the fifth division.

        Rukia Kuchiki, adopted sister of Byakuya Kuchiki, was claimed a traitor and was headed for death row. She was pursued by her brother, Captain of the sixth divison, Byakuya Kuchiki and his new Lieutenant Renji Abari, in the world of the living. She had given her powers willingly to a human, and now she was going to pay the price.

        Gin and I where waiting outside the doors to the cells Rukia was staying in, when Kenpachi Zaraki, Captain of the eleventh division came and joined us, Gin was sitting on a railing, I on his right leaning against it when Kenpachi joined us. Gin and Kenpachi began to talk, I never enjoyed talking to him, to violent for my likings, when Kenpachi directed the conversation to me.

        “I really could care less of the goings on in your life Zaraki,” I eyed him with a bored look on my face.

        “Sister, don't be so rude,” Gin scolded me, I could care less right now, my thoughts where on Aizen, and that Momo girl.

        “Sorry, brother, I do not see the point in dragging out a conversation neither of us really want to have. Isn't that right Zaraki, you do not wish to converse you only wish to taunt Byakuya once he is done with his condemned little sister.”

        “heh, yeah, you're right,” of course I was, nothing goes on in that big skull of his worth my time.

        It was quite for awhile, then the doors beside us opened and out walked Byakuya, eye's closed, head bowed and deep in thought. Then his head went up eyes opened and his pace quickened.

        “You seem awfully calm Captain Six. Excellent!” Gin's voice had a serious yet comical tone to it.

        “Imperturbable even though you sister is going to die,” my tone holding no remorse.

        “You're an example to us all, Captain Six, the ideal Soul Reaper,”

        “Are you joking? The only Soul Reapers who are scared of dying are you and Captain Nine.” Kenpachi  looks up at my brother, giving him a slight smirk.

        “Wha... you?” was all Gin said.

        “What do three adjutant-less Captains, want with me?” Byakuya's tone was authoritative and demanding, with a hint of softness to it, just a hint.

        Gin just smiled, Kenpachi peeled himself off of the wall and I stood in the middle of the two, my arms crossed and my face devoid of expression.

        “Well,” I traild off letting Gin finish the sentence, knowing he was dying to.

        “We thought, perhaps Captain Six would be sad about his sister's impending execution.”

        “It has nothing to do with you,” Byakuya looked over his shoulder at us.

        “Why should you be sad? The blood of a criminal only dishonors a distinguished family.” kenpatchi smirked.

        “Hmm...how surprising a commoner who understands the ways of nobility.” Byakuya always annoys me, with his high and mighty demeanour. I just sometimes want to put him in his place so when Kenpachi started to talk I didn't want to stop him.

        “Not really,” said Kenpachi, “I've always been observant. Perhaps I can be of assistance to you. If you wish,” his smirk got even bigger as he continued, “... I'll behead the criminal before the execution.”

        Byakuya turned full around so he was facing Kenpachi directly, “Hmm...I'm not sure that one with your skills could manage that job.” Kenpachi got closer to Byakuya, his bells tinkling as he walked over to him.

        “Want to test me?”

        “Do you want to be tested?” they were almost face to face now, Kenpachi looking down at Byakuya, I smiled at the direction this was heading.

        Then Gin whooshed away, Kenpachi tied up, I followed my brother, sadden by the sudden  change in events, Byakuya watched me as I flashed stepped to my brothers side.

        “ICHIMARU!! UNTIE ME!!!” Kenpachi's shouts, I'm sure could be heard throughout the Seireitei.

        “Sorry about that Captain Six! It wasn't my intention to provoke you!” Gin yelled back to Byakuya.

        I muttered, “It was mine,” Kenpachi, hearing me say this chuckled.

        “Well...give my regards to the little sister.” Gin flashed a bigger grin and then we where gone, we had flash stepped far enough away Kenpachi would find another victim.