Part 12 - NERVOUS

Part 12 - NERVOUS

• Sally’s POV •

It’s finally the day, the interview. I was so nervous about today. Not only about the Interview, but after the interview James asked me to have dinner with his dad and Lauren again. The last time I met them was before I dated James. I was nervous. I surely know that the last time I met them, they still not fond of me yet. What about today?

Here I am sitting between James and Bret. They tried to calm me, but I just can’t. This is my very first time.

“Hey, it’s ok, you will do good in the interview. Don’t be so nervous Sal,” Bret said.

“I tried to Bret. It just this is my first time. Plus I got awkward easily,”

“Hey, James and I will be there too alright, we’ll help you, right James?”

“Of course! You don’t need to be so nervous. You’ll be good.”

“Hear that Sal. James is right. Don’t overthink about it. Alright,”

Right after Bret said it, we are called to get ready, cause the interview is about to start.

Well, now or never Sally! You can do it. I tell myself.

The interviewer shake our hand, 
Then we sit down.

“So how are you guys?” The interviewer asked

“We’re good man,” Bret answer. James smiled at him.

“So let’s start it, well so today we are gonna talking about how both you James and Bret met this Ms. Anderson. Tell me more about it will you guys?”

Bret start talk, “well I was the first one that find out about Sally, went to one of the photographer’s page and saw the make up artist name. I know it sound random for me to do that. But I did it. I was looking for a long term make up artist that will work with me through years. And I found Sally, emailed her asking about this job with me, then she responded it days after. Saying yes. So long story short here she is.” Bret finished.

“So what make you want to accept this job then Sally?”

I smiled. “Well, I was so happy when I got an email from Bret at that time, it is like my work has gone abroad. I was happy that Bret chose me out of many others. Which is I believe so much better than me. I accept it. First I thought it will be my chance to get to know more. Then I realized that it is not only about the Job I do here, but it is also about the friendship I made with Bret. He is such a great guy. I like, no I love working with him. He is so nice,” I said.

“Wow you guys seems close?”

“We are,” I answer without thinking twice.

“So how about James then? How he could be your client to?”

I was about to answer it but James cut me off, “well, Bret was having some job together with me back then. And since I got the same make up artist with Alexis that time, it means that I will need a new one cause Alexis and I were having a different schedule, so I asked Bret, and Bret said yes. It was a short story.” James said. Well it kinda hurt. He broke up with Alexis. That’s why he look for new make up artist, it was not because he had the different schedule with her. I ignored it.

“Oh yeah, speaking about Alexis, James, you dated her for quite long time,” the interviewer said.

“Yeah we are,” he sounds sad.

“So what is it that makes you guys broke up?”

“Well there is a reason we decided to keep as privacy.” James said.