Part 32 - Going Public

Hi!

***

A few months later...

@james  : can not wait to meet this one again soon! And of course all of the cookings too

@james : can not wait to meet this one again soon! And of course all of the cookings too. xx

***

• James' POV •

"How is it going with the girlfriend?" Bret asked me. As I typed away in my phone.

I looked up to him and smiled, "perfect. Just like what I have always wanted." I proudly said that.

Bret smiled, "you are clearly whipped." He exclaimed happily.

I looked at him. "Thanks to you, bro." I told him.

He looked at me. "Do you see a future? With her?"

I think for a while and smile appeared on my face. "Actually I am thinking about proposing.  But I am scared this might be too fast. Scared of rejection." I said. "And she hasn't gotten over the idea of Lauren hating on her. That was one of the things that weight on her getting back together with me." I closed my eyes for a while. "And now the whole hating thing on her. It got worse once the shipper of my last relationship started to hate on the new relationship as well." I said.

"She is a tough one. Surely it is going to be hard but I believe she could get pass it." Bret said. I nodded my head.

"How is your relation with Alexis? Has it got better since her last interview?" Bret asked.

I shook my head. "I mean, yes I loved her. But it just doesn't feel the same anymore. I don't care what she said on the media. For all I care now is how I can protect my woman from the haters." I said.

Remembering how Alexis said that I was only with Sally now cause I use Sally to get over Alexis is clearly big no. I moved on from Alexis from a long time ago. What I had with Sally now is clearly what I want. To make matter worse is that she's saying it on a live TV broadcast.

I remembered how I called up to Sally, asking her how she took the news. Heard how tremble her voice is.

Flashback

"Hey babe, first of all I want to tell you it is not true. Not at all. I don't want her to get in between us anymore. You know how tough the 2 years we separated." I told her in a flash after she answered the phonecall.

"Calm down, James. I know I know." She told me but I could clearly hear how tremble her voice is.

I shook my head, "no babe, you do not need to be strong with me. It is ok, just tell me what bothers you, So I know how can I fix it." I told her.

"It just.. your relationship with her has ended for so long. But how could she just showed up like your relationship with her just ended like yesterday." She said. "And made it seems like I am the one who ruined it." She said.

I sighed, "I am sorry about it. Maybe it is because the news of us getting back together went so viral here, so many people trying to peek in to our business. But they all don't matter. You and I are who matter. I want you and not her. I love you. I'll see you again next week ok?" I said. After that we talked about other thing until she fell asleep.

***
• Bret's POV •

I looked at James, as how I expected that it bothers him. Clearly do not know what to do.

"Stop talking about me, how bout your love life? You barely talk about it." James said as he tapped my shoulder.

I looked at him and smile, "I have this one woman I am attracted to." I started.

"Oh! You should introduce her to Sally and I! We are best friend!" James exclaimed. I looked at him, "er not now, but I hope soon! She's so special. I just want to keep her for myself first." I said happily.

James looked at me happily. "If I can't dig it out then I'll make it as a mission with Sally later." He said then laughed.

I thought about the woman that I have been seeing lately. We are keeping things calm under the water. I love spending the time with her. Have been going out on a few dates. But still we are taking it slowly.

"By the look in your face, I can tell how smitten you are, Bret!" James said.

"Alright, I gotta go, have an interview later. I'll talk to you again, we are going out to Boracay for the weekend." James continued.

I raised my eyebrow and shook my head, "nah bro, I don't want to be the thirdwheel. You both enjoy your time. The long distance relationship is hard, right? Spend more time just the two of you." I said, "I'll spend the weekend with my lady." I said.

"Okay if you said so. I'll see you later, bro? Gotta go. Bye." James said as he head out of my apartment.

***

Ciao, Shintya🧡