Chapter 16 - The Prince's Request

+++Victor's POV+++

"Is it true?"

Hindi sumagot ang hari.

"Answer me! Is it true that Martinni is the lost princess of Relle?!"

"Yes! It is true!"

"What the....Why didn't you tell me?! Am I not that trustworthy?!"

"There's a reason I did not tell you. Far more deep and dangerous reasons."

"Tell me! I deserved to know the truth as well! I am the Prince of this kingdom!"

"Not the King! Of course you cannot understand the situation!"

"I always hear people calling me not the king. So what? I am next to the throne so if I kill you now..."

"Try."

Hindi ako nakaimik sa sagot niya. Nabigla din ako sa mga sinabi ko.

"Is this the reason why you wanted her to stay here inside the palace after the attack in their house?"

"Yes."

"Did you know from the start that she is the lost princess?"

"Yes."

"You really knew. Who else knew?"

"Julio, Merlissa, and Romeo."

So they knew.

"And...the late King and Queen of Pria."

"Even mother and father knew?" Hindi ako makapaniwala. "Am I even part of this family?! Bakit wala man lang nagsabi sa akin?!"

"You're still young. You wouldn't understand."

"Fuck that! No wonder, Jovann call us the family of traitors! Tinraydor mo ako sa hindi pagsabi sa akin ng totoo!"

"We are not traitors!"

Sinuntok ko ang pader sa inis, sa galit, sa sakit. Dahil totoo lahat...

"At sa oras na mapatunayan mo rin na totoo, ikaw mismo ang pahahatirin ko sa altar kay Lady Saorise para makasal na sa akin."