Chapter 1

Hi

I'm Zasha. I've got three more pieces like me. One sister, two brothers and I'm the youngest one. You know how lucky we youngster are enjoying the free perks every now and then.

Well I've just passed my high school and going through all those pre-entry tests of those good for nothing universities. I always wanted to become designer. Lets see what life has for me in its deep pockets.

The bell rang and I ran to the balcony. There stood the one only man my brother loves. Musa.
God!! his name seems so heavy. I don't know why but it feels like some names have got a lot of weight. 

Seriously I'm talking nonsense.

'Who is it?', Zaid( my eldest brother) asked 

'The love of your life.', I chirped making him smile and went inside to check up on my cupcakes. They'll be ready in a matter of few minutes.

'Don't tire yourself we have to go tonight.', my mum said from her room. 

Yeah I forgot to mention, we were going to attend Musa's wedding tonight. 

Rumi.

Her wife to be. I met her but she looked very arrogant. She was a doctor and I guess that swelled her head. She worked at a private hospital and by the way she shined it was vivid that she was paid generously.

God!! I still remember the day when she came to our house. She was wearing an off shoulder paired with khaki shots.

Who wants to look like a meatball and that too a doctor. Well, never mind. Guess that's the way she is.

'Aaaaii it's hot, you didn't even tell me?', Zaki(another brother) jolted back from the counter.

'I just took em out, you can see the steam idiot.', I pushed the cupcakes away from his vicinity. 

Boy!! He munches all the time.

'Yeah yeah, some people want to see the world burning.', he now had his hand under the faucet.

'Shut up Zaks your mouth is stuffed every now and then'

'You shut up'

'You need to keep it shut.'

'Ohh please yo--', he was cut amidst by my mum.

'Stop fighting you fools. Zasha, go and press your clothes for tonight.'

'Yes boss'

*************

I wore a baby pink maxi and matched it with a matte silver hijab. Yes I'm a hijabi. And I love it.

We reached in time. Actually, it was a reception. They already had their nikkah papers signed five years ago. And they are making it official now. Long time.

It was grand. And above all the food was so tempting I bet I must be drooling all the time while dropping it on my plate.

Ewww. No. Just imagine it.

No leave it. Don't imagine you'll puke.

Okay so the bride as always she looked radiant. She was wearing an off white dress with gold embroidery. I bet its gold. You never know. They were filthy rich. Her father is a diamond trader. Oh yeah I can see those diamond studded on her dress.

Shit.

Am I staring?

She was looking at me fiercely. God!! What is her problem? Spoiled brat.

'Yeah she looks like.', Zaki said struggling with his steak.

'Did I speak that aloud?', I blurted what came in my mouth.

'Yeah babes.'

'Shut up don't call me that.'

'Awww babes.'

Why does he have to annoy me every time??

Sensing something I looked across the  table and he was staring like a hawk. 

What is his problem!!

I must have made a weird face because he then started smirking. I looked down and  concentrated on my food. Mission: I have to eat up the mountain I made on my plate.

I heard him laughing at something my father said. Nasty laugh. He was my sister's husband and I had to keep it shut for her sake. Yeah! He is one of those staring types. I told my mother about it but she told me to shut up. 

And in a sense, she was right. Why would he fancy me when she had my sister...
I still remember the day when everyone was gone to some funeral and I was home alone, preparing for my exams. He dropped like a bomb out of nowhere showcasing his signature nasty smirk.

'Hi Zasha.', his hair were all over the place. What the hell he's been upto.

'Hi ummm, how come you're here?'

'My car broke down near. I just walked up here to stay for a while.'

'Ohh so you must call the mechanic.'

'Won't you let me in?', he asked looking exasperated with my inquiry.

What else I was supposed to do. He was already in. I shut the door and followed him inside.

'Zasha..'

How much I hate it when he whisper calls me.

'Yeah?'

'Water?'

'Yeah sure. Just make your self comfortable.', I gestured to the couch and turned around for the kitchen.

Poor guy. He looked tired. I preferred making him a juice. While stirring it I felt a whoosh on my neck. I turned around and he was way too closer than needed.

'What the hell!!', I shrieked moving backward and collided with the counter in process. 

'No it's heaven.', he said taking the glass from my hand.

'What?', I couldn't understand even a single bit.

'Nothing you look pale.', he said bringing his hand nearer to my face but I slapped it away.

'No I'm fine.', I got out of the kitchen and heard his nasty laugh. I sat in the balcony until everyone returned back. He stayed inside.

Good for me.

'Come on Zash, it's late.', Zaid Bhai said bringing me out of the trance.

'Yeah lets go.'

'You okay?', he asked frowning.

'Yeah I'm good.'

That's the problem with me. I'm always good. Even to those who do wrong to me.