TWENTY TWO

"Oh, the boy's a slag, the best you ever hadThe best you ever had is just a memory and those dreamsNot as daft as they seem, not as daft as they seemMy love, when you dream them up"—Arctic Monkeys

The best you ever had is just a memory
and those dreams
Not as daft as they seem, not as
daft as they seem
My love, when you dream them up"
—Arctic Monkeys

The frozen treat coats my taste buds as I glide the plastic spoon across my tongue. The delicious cookies and cream lingers before I swallow.

"So, how should we start?" Susanna asks, twiddling her spoon between her fingers.

We're currently sitting inside of the ice cream parlor she works at. I was able to stop by after my therapy session during her break. We're trying to come up with a way to approach our project; beat around the bush, or get straight to the punch line.

"Well, we could start about explaining what child abuse really means and how it impacts society?"

"Hm, not bad!" She reply's. A heavy weight was lifted off my shoulders.

After I explained everything with my mother and past, she was on the brink of tears. But what moved me even more is how mad she was. She'd kept telling me how I didn't deserve any of that, and how I should have had a better childhood. And I agree . . . somewhat.

We began typing in notes. We decided to go with a poster board, it's much more easier than going through a whole PowerPoint in my opinion. Plus, you can get more crafty!

Susannas' watch beeps twice and she rolls her eyes. "Ah, my break is over. I gotta get back to work but call me if you come up with anymore ideas!"

We both stand and hug before she makes her way to the back. The bell at the door chimes as a new customer arrives. I look up and see the boys; Ryder, Jake, Luis, Ryan, and Reid. Once they see me, their faces light up.

They all approach and a series of 'Hey Mere!' echoes. I giggle and shove my laptop in my bag. Thick arms encase me and warm kisses are placed on my neck. I turn around and capture Reids sweet lips. In the midst of our kiss, I hear 'ooh' and snickers from the boys. I flip them the bird and shove my tongue in Reid's mouth, eliciting a groan from him.

Remembering where we are, I pull away and blush. "Now that was a show!" Ryan yells in attempt to embarrass his older brother. If anything it just makes Reid more hungry. I have to push him off me so I could breathe fresh air.

"What are you doing here baby?" Reid asks gently.

I sigh, "Coming up with an approach to our English project."