EIGHTEEN

"Darlin', darlin', darlin'I fall to pieces when I'm with you, I fall to piecesMy cherries and wine, rosemary and thymeAnd all of my peaches are ruined"—Lana Del Rey

I fall to pieces when I'm with you,
I fall to pieces
My cherries and wine, rosemary and thyme
And all of my peaches are ruined"
—Lana Del Rey

REID

"What do you mean you don't know where he is?!" I yell, my hand slams down on the desk in frustration. I'm livid. We've been looking for what feels like years—but to be more specific, my angel has been hidden for 12 days.

During those 12 days, I've realized how much I actually need her. Yup, you heard right. I don't want her, I need her in my life. Which is odd . . . I've never relied on someone else, besides my team of men. I feel like I've been deprived off oxygen. A fish out of water, perhaps.

She is the very air that I breathe.

Her sweet, sweet scent of honey and vanilla make my senses come to life.

I undeniably miss her.

I miss the mornings when her dirty blonde locks are sprawled across the plush pillow. I miss the way her nose scrunches from time to time as she reads books. I miss the pleading look in her taupe eyes when we have to part ways. I miss her plump lips, that taste oh so delectable. I miss everything about my girl.

God, I love her. I love her. Never have I ever used a word so strong. And I never even got to tell her.

"We've been searching for a week and a half son, and no sign of Meredith. Don't you think it's time you let this go?" My dad asks. He's always been a stern man, but he doesn't know her. Because if he did he wouldn't have just said a sentence that makes me want to punch his face in.

"NO! I WILL NOT STOP LOOKING FOR HER, I LOVE HER! YOU THINK I WOULD JUST DROP HER LIKE SHES NOTHING?!" I yell. My voice so alarming it causes all my men's eyes to widen in both fear and shock. They didn't know about my love for this girl, they think I'm incapable of such an emotion.

"Okay, Okay. We just need to get tabs on where Blackmore is hiding out," Dad replies. His voice in a more understanding tone. He straightens his suit and rakes a hand through his peppered hair.

"And how do you expect we do that?" Luis asks. Him, as well as Jake and Ryder, have all been just as pissed as I am. She is like their little sister, and they are the overprotective alpha male big brothers.

Just then, a ping sounds on the computer. The guys and I move accordingly and take stance in front of the screen. A video file with a big bold play button is centered on the screen. I hesitate at first, but click play. The sight before me makes my blood run cold, and all I see is red.

MEREDITH

Hours earlier...