EIGHT

*TRIGGER WARNING; THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES SA.
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK*

"I am sweat, flawsI am veins, scarsI am humanNothing more than human"—Sevdaliza

"I am sweat, flaws
I am veins, scars
I am human
Nothing more than human"
—Sevdaliza

I bake multiple recipes with Holly. We could probably feed the whole damn school! Reid and Oliver are playing video games, Reid glances over at me when he can. After our little heated moment, I feel so odd around him. I don't want to call it love, I mean, I've only known him for a few days, but I can definitely tell . . . I'm falling for this boy. Is this what desire to love feels like? Lust, as most call it. Is this why every book and every movie has character falling for each other left and right?

We give the boys some chocolate chip cookies we baked, and they basically inhaled them, then asked for more. Holly and I didn't mind though, we had to do something with the cookies. I begin eating some myself.

The boys wrap up there game while Holly and I put the baked goodies in containers.

"I'm gonna head up for a shower!" Oliver yells while walking upstairs. We all give him an 'okay'.

I hop up on the counter just as Reid walks into the kitchen. I have cookies stuffed in my mouth and I have no doubt I probably look like a chipmunk. Reid chuckles and comes my way.

"You have a little . . ." he steps in between my legs and wipes his thumb at the corner of my lips. His thumb moves away and I see a glob of chocolate. I blush in embarrassment and look up to him. He doesn't say anything, but puts his thumb in his mouth, licking off the chocolate. I can feel my cheeks heat up another degree from the unbroken eye contact.

A light giggle echos in the lust filled silence. I glance over to Holly, that had her hand propped under her chin, watching us amusingly. I grab and throw the closest object to me, which just happen to be an oven mitt, it lands smack dab in her face. She rolls her playful eyes.

Reid checks his phone. "I have to head out." He places his hands on my thighs. I nod, a little sad, I don't really want him to go.

He lifts my chin up , "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I nod. "Call me if you need anything." I was about to respond, but his lips cut me off. I let his sweet lips linger on mine before we both pull away. I smile and hop off the counter, walking him to the door. We say our final 'goodbyes,' and part ways.

I make my way back to the living room where Holly is waiting for me. She doesn't say anything, which I'm glad. I didn't know how to explain how he makes me feel exactly. Holly raises the blanket she's under, inviting me in. I wiggle my way into her side and the blanket, like how we use to when we were younger.

We cuddle together on the couch and watch 'Annie', singing all the songs that come on the movie. A short time later, Oliver comes in and joins us. Soon we're all in one giant burrito on the couch. I feel my eye lids become heavy, as Oliver snuggles into my side more. I close my eyes and welcome the abyss of sleep take over.