ELEVEN

*TRIGGERING CHAPTER.
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK*

"Help, I have done it againI have been here many times beforeHurt myself again todayAnd, the worst part is there's no-one else to blame"—Sia

I have been here many times before
Hurt myself again today
And, the worst part is there's no-one else to blame"
—Sia

"Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
Never let it fade away
Catch a falling star and put it in you pocket
Save it for a rainy day,"

     She sings me a sweet lullaby, her voice sounds as if angels have blessed her with it.

"Sleep, my sweet girl. No monsters will hurt you." She says.

     Little did I know . . . she was the monster I would soon be running from.

     My eyes open and I lay there. My ceiling being the most interesting thing I've seen all day. I tilt my head to the side and see my bay window in the wall. My white duvet cover fluffy as ever. Thank god I'm back in my room.

     I woke up expecting to feel some sort of emotion . . . but I feel nothing. Absolutely, nothing.

     Warm tears run down my cheeks, and the words circle through my head:

     "You worthless whore!"

     "It should've been you!"

     "You mean nothing."

     "I'm ashamed to call you my daughter!"

     "It would do me a huge favor if you were just dead!"

     Dead.

     That's how I feel.

     I move numbingly out of bed, kicking off the covers that tangled my body. I walk in steady steps to my bathroom. The girl in the mirror also looks dead, she's no longer a bright, young and healthy girl.

     I open the drawer under the sink and look around. For what? I'm not sure. My body is now on autopilot. Making decisions for me.

     After digging through the drawer, I pull out a shinny blade. The edges are crisp, and I can see my repulsive reflection in the blade.

     I look at my wrist. Light bruises run over them, and a few scars from my mother.

     I raise the blade to my wrist, and feel the cold blade break the skin. I put pressure on it, sinking more into my skin. The result: blood.