Chapter 14

As I lay here, just watching Jason sleep, I can't help but be the happiest woman in the world. We are officially mated. And I'm not afraid to admit it, I love him. Everything makes sense when we're together. 

Listening to his light snores, and watching his chest rise and fall make me so happy. I want to wake up everyday like this. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for him. I'm so devoted to this man, and everything he can provide for me. I'm officially his Luna. 

A snapping from outside rouses me from our bed. Slipping on his t-shirt, I looked out the window. Trevor was outside. 

Running downstairs, I stop at the backdoor. 

"Why are you here?" 

"I'm sorry I couldn't stay before. I know you have questions." 

"What happened to you?"

"I can't stay." He looked to the horizon, the sun was rising. "I'm going to leave this here." Showing me a letter, he left it propped against the door. "I love you, Dakota." 

"I love you, Trevor." 

A noise from upstairs caught my attention. It must be Jason. 

"Dakota!"

Quickly reaching out, I grabbed the note and tucked it into a book on the nearby shelf. "I'm here," I called back. Remember, Huck Finn. Shuffling out to the kitchen, Jason looks worried. "What's wrong?"

"You scared me. I rolled over, and you weren't in bed anymore. Where did you go?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I knew I couldn't tell him the truth. Not only did Trevor practically beg me not to, but I wouldn't even know how to tell Jason that my supposed dead brother was infact, not dead. I hated lying to Jason; he never lied to me. Breaking the trust was going to be the hardest thing I had to do. 

"I couldn't sleep, so I was watching the sun come up." 

Something didn't sit right with him, I could see it in his eyes. He wasn't entirely convinced.  "Are you sure you're alright?" He slid his hands over my hips, gently pulling me towards him. 

"Of course, honey." Smiling up at him, I honestly wasn't sure how convincing I was being. It would have to do for now. 

Nuzzling his nose to mine, I felt his warm breath fan on my face. "I love you." 

"I love you, too." Pausing for a moment, something occurred to me, and I knew this would make him happy. "Why don't we move the Luna ceremony up?" 

Raising his eyebrows, clearly he ws suprised. "What? Are you sure?"

Joy came over his face. Picking me up, he twirled me around. "Oh, baby. You don't know how happy that makes me. I'll call my Mom in a couple hours and let her know. She can call the packs, and make arrangements." Peering over at the kitchen clock, he rubbed his eyes. "Come one, it's still early. Let's go back to bed."  

"Race ya!" 

Bolting up the stairs, I heard a growl from behind me. "I'm coming for you." 

Trevor POV

Dakota. My beautiful baby sister. 

I've been watching her for years. 

Her guilt prevented her from knowing I was there. Sadly, I used that to my advantage. 

I was proud of my little brother for stepping up to Alpha, though. Devon was doing so well. His mate was perfect for him. Knowing exactly what to say and when to say it. She wasn't afraid to smack him around some, too.