Chapter 8

"What would you like to do first, sweetheart?" Jason asked, sweetly. 

Shrugging my shoulders, I was at a loss of where to start. "I'm not sure," I confessed. 

As if a lightbulb went off above his head, a smile came across his face. "I know of a place you'll like." Holding his hand out, he wanted me to take it, but I hesitated. "It's okay, I don't bite." Grasping it, he squeezed just enough to let me know he appreciated my taking his hand. 

We started walking toward a giant greenhouse, which already made me happy. 

"My mom is an avid gardener, hence this giant greenhouse." When he opened the door, I was hit with all kind of scents, colors, and different varieties of flowers, and plants. Speechless, I ventured through the array of flowers before me. 

Awe spread across my face, as I gently ran my hands over the delicate petals. Jason looked pleased with himself. "This place is incredible," I beamed at him. "I've never seen this much foliage in one place. It's all so beautiful." 

"Not as beautiful as you." Jason stepped in front of me on the path with a red rose in his hand. Gently stroking my cheek, he presented me with the flower. "I mean it, baby. You're more beautiful than a fresh bloomed rose." Leaning into his hand, I closed my eyes, absorbing his touch. Closing the space between us, he leaned down bringing our noses together. "I care about you, Dakota, and I'll do whatever it takes to show you that." 

Nuzzling into him, he brought his hand into my hair, running his fingers through it. "I really want this to work, Jason. I don't want to be afraid anymore." 

"You have every part of me, Dakota. I will spend my days showing you exactly what you mean to me."  Wrapping my arms around his neck, I felt his powerful arms envelope me. "What else do you want to do today, baby? It's your day."

"Could we spend some more time in here? This place is so beautiful."

Putting me down, I moved past him exploring the foliage around me. There were hydrangea bushes, mums, tulips, air plants; so much before me. Jason hid behind a bush as I was walking through, but I couldn't find him. "Jason?"

Silence.

Cautiously, I moved through the foliage away from the path. He was playing a game of cat and mouse with me. Sniffing the air, he was close. Taking a step, he popped out, Grabbing me, he twirled me around picking up my legs, bridal style. His deep laugh coursed through him, and myself. We couldn't help but laugh. Pausing, we were eye level with each other. Our laughs died down; we closed in on each other's lips. Right before we kissed, Willie came bursting into the greenhouse.

Jason let out a growl, putting my on my two feet. "What is it?"

"Devon Mayfield is on the phone," he replied.

"My brother? Why?" I nervously asked.

"He wants to speak to the Alpha."

Jason started toward the door, leaving me behind. Must be something I can't be involved in. "Head back to my room. Stay there until I come for you."

"I'd like to know what my brother wants, Jason. It's not like him to call to other Alphas."

"Go upstairs, Dakota. Please. If something is wrong, I'll send for you." Looking to his Third, Andrew, "Take the Luna upstairs." 

Acknowledging, Andrew escorted me upstairs. 

"I'm Dakota," I said to Andrew. 

"Andrew, Luna." 

"Please don't call me that. Just call me Dakota, okay?" 

"Okay," a small smile left him. "I'll stay by the door in case the Alpha calls for you." 

Smiling, I closed the door. Making myself comfortable on the bed, I found the remote, and looked through his Netflix to find something to pass the time. There is never anything good on Netflix; I settled on an Adam Sandler movie, Mr. Deeds. 

Halfway through, sleep was starting to take me. The comforting smell of Jason surrounded me, and I felt at ease. Just before my eyes closed, Jason came into the room. Sitting up, he slid into the bed next to me. "Is everything okay?" I asked him. 

"Devon was just checking on you," Jason replied. "You've only been gone a day, but he was worried about his baby sister." 

"If that was all, why did it take so long?" 

"He also wanted to make sure all my pack members were alright, post the Blood Pack incident." 

That sounded like Devon. Always making sure everyone, no matter who they were, were safe. He was a good big brother. Jason, and he had their issues, but their alliance would be strong since I'm Jason's mate. Devon wouldn't want to jeopardize our relationship. 

"You look tired, honey," he remarked, moving hair from my face. 

Shaking my head, I squinted at him. "Nah, I'm fine." 

Chuckling, he cupped the side of my cheek. "It's okay, sweetheart. Take a nap until dinner." 

Sliding down further, I laid my head on the pillow facing Jason, and he did the same. Stroking his cheek, a low grumble came from his chest. "Come closer," he purred.  Scooting closer, I buried my head under his chin. Wrapping his arms around me, the warmth surrounded me. Before I knew it, I fell asleep.