Chapter 4

Devon POV

I hope I made the right decision by telling Jason where Dakota would be. For a fact, I knew that she would kill me when she got home but it's time she put her pack first. In this case, she needs to learn to be Luna of Jason's pack.

Ever since Trevor died, I've done my best by her but she is so damn stubborn and resistant. Maybe he can knock some sense into her thick skull.

Ashley was not a fan of my decision, but as my mate she supported me. The only person Dakota will listen to is Ashley. They were best friends before she became my mate, so  I guess that helps.

My parents are concerned that Dakota will come back and take her anger out on me. I'm willing to take it, as long it helps her to understand that she now has a duty to her mate and her new pack.

Ugh, oh my goddess. I cannot listen to my mother and mate blather anymore about this damn party. I know I need allies but I don't know how I feel about strangers in my pack house. No choice in the matter, it seems.

"Devon!" Ashley snapped me from my thoughts. "Have you heard one word I said?" My silence gave her my answer. "Jesus, Devon. Your mom and I are trying to get this together and you aren't even paying attention."

Her irritated expression pained me. "Look, I'm sorry, Ash. I just hope that I'm doing the right thing by my sister. You and I both know how she is."

Her brows knitted together. "What did you do Devon?"

Flinching back a little, I knew exactly how Ashley would take what I was about to say. "Well, I sort of told Jason where Dakota would be...."

"What?!" resounded from Ashley and my mother.

Oh crap, I am so dead.

Dakota POV

Fucking Devon. How dare he say those things to me! I don't have to accept shit. Goddess, its like no one gives a shit about how I feel and what I want. Its not right, at all. 

There is no way that Alpha Morgan will ever accept me as his mate. May as well reject him so he can reject me. Then he can find a Luna worthy of his time. 

And Jason, how dare he tell him where I was. What was the plan? Sick Jason on me so that he could convince me to be his Luna? Give me a break. I'm not an idiot.

A knock at the door startled me from my thoughts. "Dak, can I come in?"

It was Ashley, undoubtedly bringing me Devon's apology. "Come in."

"Coming to apologize for your mate? Since this is his mess, he could do it himself, you know." I sniped.

She sighed, sitting on the bed next to me. "I'm actually coming to apologize for your brother, who happens to be my mate."

She turned herself completely to face me, sitting Indian style. "Dak, listen to me. He just wants what is best for you. Stop thinking that he is doing these things to punish you." I knew she was right. Devon wasn't trying to punish me, he just wanted me to have the life he thought I deserved. "He loves you. He thought maybe if you and Jason were alone, he could convince you--"

We both jumped when my door burst open. Erika and Mandy Whalen came barging in. They are the mates to Brian, my brothers Beta and Alexander, his third in command. Hardly a moment goes by without them being with each other.

"Hey girls, what's going on?" Mandy asked.

Erika rolled her eyes at her sister. "Seriously, don't you pay attention. Haven't you heard who Dakota's mate is?" Mandy's eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "Her mate is Jason Morgan, Alpha of the Black Forest Pack! Dumbass."

Mandy's eyes widened. "Holy shit! No way! Now we all have mates!" She giggled fiendishly.

"You want mine?" I asked. "Because I don't."

All three girls looked at me like I had three heads. They were all perfectly well aware of my problems but they all insisted on trying. There are some thing that don't go away and this is one of them.

Erika was always the reasonable one amongst us girls. "Judging by your reaction to having a mate, I'm guessing you aren't too keen on it. Why don't you at least give him a chance? We all know that you think you don't deserve anything because of what happened to Trevor, but I think that if he was here, he would want you to give happiness a chance." I absorbed her words. Damn her for making sense. "Tomorrow is the day of the party, I say give it a go and see what happens. He is your mate after all."

I groaned heavily at all three of them. "Fine! Fine. I'll give him a chance. He'll be here tomorrow anyway. I suppose we'll jut see how it goes."

Unknown POV

Tomorrow was the day. I'm finally going to take what was mine. The Moon Goddess pack isn't expecting my pack to show up at their party and when I do, I'm going to tell Devon Mayfield that his sister is mine. Nothing is going to stop me from doing what I should have done in the first place.