Chapter Six - Addiction

Start from the beginning

As I watched, Haddiean turned Benji onto his tummy and held him over Jody like an aeroplane. The baby giggled and Haddiean smiled, turning him back over and tucking him close to his chest, Benji yawned and closed his eyes, going back to sleep, Haddiean rubbed his eyes with a knuckle and squirmed down in bed and laying down on his back with Benji sprawled out on top of him, he reached out and pulled Jody close, she snuggled into him, as content as Benji was. Haddiean sighed and turned his face into her hair, and I barely heard the words he muttered to her before falling to sleep. 

I love you.

(I was gunna put this next bit in here, but I wanted a happy ending for one night)

HADDIEANS POV

It was Thursday again.  

We were sitting in the lounge room playing with Benji on the floor, so far today we'd been quiet. We'd had another fight yesterday and I'm not sure if Jody'd forgiven me yet.  

I don't know what'd made her so mad, all I'd asked was what the other reason she hadn't told me about Benji was. She'd gotten all pissed than sulky and left early.  

She was happy now, leaning over my lap to tickle Benji. I put my hand on her back and she looked up at me.  

Benji gooed up at the stuffed animals hanging above him. I slid my hand around her neck and lent forwards, pressing my lips to hers, she froze her a moment, then she melted into me, I was just above to deepen the kiss when there was a loud crash from outside the house.  

I pulled back from Jody and we stared at the wall, dad looked around the corner from in the kitchen 'Was that you two?' 

We shook our heads and there was a second loud crash, dad frowned, 'its reminds me of when you used to throw temper tantrums' he muttered, as a third louder crash rocked through our ears.

JODYS POV 

I lunged forward suddenly scared and scooped Benji up, hold him tightly to his chest, oblivious to his protests.  

Haddiean held me tighter as I rocked from side to side. As yet another crash sounded outside, he kissed my temple and stood up.  

'I'll be right back'  

Kain made to stop him, but Haddiean stopped him with a look.  

'Be careful' 

'Be careful!! Be bloody careful!' I screeched, 'your gunna let him go out there!!?!' 

Haddiean turned and looked at me, 'I'll be fine, just stay here' 

For some reason, as he turned and walked out that door, I listened to what he had told me and stayed where I was on the ground.  

Until I heard the noises outside.

I hurried over to Kain and thrust Benji into his arms, kissed both on the cheek and hurried outside.  

The door was blocked, I pushed at it hard and it flew open. I couldn't see past my nose.  

I was hit on the ribs by something flying by and spun in the direction it had come from.  

I heard noises that sounded like fighting and I raced towards them.  

Someone rammed hard into me and I went down hard. 

'NOOO!' 

The unfamiliar voce screamed through my ears a distance away, and I realised the heavy weight laying ontop of me must have been Haddiean.  

I grabbed his face, which was laying over my shoulder and lifted it, this close I could see his features, it was Haddiean alright and I think he might have been hurt! 

I called out to Kain and slid out from under Haddiean grabbing the broom I had been laying on I swiped out with it, and screamed out; 'Get here you gutless basrad so I can smash your balls into your throat!!!'

STALKERS POV

I watched from the bushes, breathing heavily through my mouth, blood dripped from my nose into my mouth and I swiped at it angrily.  

I watched as she waved the broom around and yelled out again, 'Come out you worthless asshole, my broom has a date with your balls!!' 

She was crazy if she thought I was gunna come out when she was threatening my balls! 

She tossed the broom aside and turned back to her man-whore of a boyfriend. I spat onto the ground as he cradled his head in her lap, whipping the blood from his face.  

What about my face??!? What about what he did to my face!!??! 

Kain came running out, the baby tucked into the crook of his arm, he handed the kid over to Jody and lifted his son up easily.  

I spat onto the ground and hitched myself up. Grabbed the balls that Jody'd been threatening before and promised myself that soon enough, she'd be sleeping in my bed and not his.