Too Little, Too Late

Mika’s POV

One week.

Graduation was in one week.

I don’t think I can handle myself right now.

Jimmy has arranged the best thing ever. My very own tour. I would finally be able to tour everywhere and actually visit my amazing and loyal fans. First was all the major cities in the US. Then France, Italy, Spain, and London. Next was Korean, Japan, and Australia. I was so excited. First I had to find a legitimate band to travel with. I already had the perfect group of people in mind.

The next day I approached Cherrise, Max, Violetta, and Curtis.

“Hi guys.” I said.

“Hi!” Cherisse said cheerfully.

“Hey, Mika.” Violetta greeted me. “What’s up?” I grinned.

“I need a band for my summer tour.” I said, “I wanted to know if guys would be interested in spending the entire summer with me.” They all exchanged looks.

“I’m the drummer. Nobody gets to take it. I’m the drummer and that’s final.” Cherrise said confidentially.

“Alright.” I said writing that down.

“Violetta?”

“Oh um..” she looked around, “I don’t care.” she said shyly.

“Oh what the hell, you’ll be my backup singer.” she blushed.

“Thank you.”

“Max?”

“Bass.” he said. I scribbled that down then looked to Curtis.

“You’re doing piano, you don’t have any say.” I said; the band was together.

“Come to…” I wrote down the studio address, “this place for a practice on Friday after school.” I said. They all moaned. Sighing I said, “I’ll get you all ice cream.” Smiling the group stood up and came in for a group hug.

Ariana’s POV

JaiBrooks1: Haha you so cute.

ArianaGrande: oh stop

JaiBrooks1: Do you ever feel like you really love someone to pieces but you aren’t allowed to love them?

I thought about my answer. Could I trust him with my true feelings?

ArianaGrande: Yes..that is how I feel with you

One week until graduation. I was already freaking out. How did high school fly by so fast? I could hardly decide what I wanted for dinner, let alone decide what I wanted to do with my future. I think I might do at least one year of college. But my major will be music. Or maybe I’ll take a bunch of music college courses. Yeah.

I started searching online about how much classes were. Yeesh. They were kind of pricey. I gave up soon and looked up dresses for graduation. I heard my phone buzzing. I lazily got up and answered it.

“Hi.”

“ARIANA OH MYGOSH CAN YOU COME OVER?” I laughed,

“Sure, Tori. Bye.” I dove myself over to her house in my sweatpants and glasses while listening Happy Ending. I soon pulled into Tori’s neighborhood. I rang the doorbell and instantaneously she opened the door.

“Hi are oh--” she dragged me inside by the shoulders.

“Hey what is wrong?” I asked her. I couldn’t tell if she had been crying or dancing around her room like an idiot.

“HE CHEATED ON ME.” she said. Okay she had defiantly been crying.

“With you?” I asked trying to sound interested.

“Perrie.” her lip quivered.

“Oh her? I hated her.” I said.

“I called you since you probably know how it felt when Zayn did that to you.” she said. All of a sudden I had so much anger inside me. How dare she use me like this?

“Tori, are you kidding me right now?” she looked shocked.

“Why would you even like Zayn?” I screamed.

“What? Now I can’t like the guy that I want just because you liked him first?” she became defensive.

“No!” I shouted, “That’s not what I meant.”

“Then what did you mean?” she asked, “That you still had feelings for him? That you have feelings for Jai too? And what about Mika? Did you ever stop and think about how this would affect him?”

“What are you talking about?” I asked nervously.

“What, about Jai?” she asked sarcastically, “Oh yeah, maybe you shouldn’t be DMing him anymore. He’s been posting screenshots.” My heart stopped.

“What?”

“Ariana, I thought you were better than this. I’m sorry but, sometimes you don’t realize that what you’ve been doing to Mika is going to have long term damage. You have put him through so much. You have no right to be telling me that I can’t like Zayn just because I like him. At least I’m not the one going around and breaking hearts.” Tori was nearly in tears. She bit the corner of her nail nervously. She’s never been so bluntly honest with me before.

“I don’t know what to say.” I said quietly realizing my mistakes. She scoffed.

“Well until you do…” she breathed in carefully, “I don’t think we should be friends anymore.” She released her breath as if it could blow out a house of cards.

“Get out, Ariana.” she said finally.

I rushed home and opened my laptop. I quickly with jittery fingers logged in to Twitter. At least a million notifications were waiting for me. Many angry MikaFreaks.

“What in the hell is wrong with you?”

“Who let you go from hell?”

“You are the WORST gf ever.”

“Go kill yourself Mika didn’t deserve this.”

“If Ariana is like this, just imagine what her little arianators are like!”

“I’m so done with her and her fandom.”

“Mika’s given her too many chances.”

“I agree!”

“Agreed!

“Preach it, ariana can go die now thank you very much.”

I screamed.

“Jai you idiot!” I cried into my pillow. Gripping my hair from my scalp I paced back and forth. I looked at my most passionate Arianators pages. They were getting as much hate as I was. Why did I ever flirt with Jai? Why? Why did I have to do that? I cried so much. I needed Frankie that who I needed right now.

I ran into his room and found a note on his door

Hey, my friends and I took a two-day trip. Sorry it was last minute. But it’s just San Diego. Stay safe, Bye

-Frankie

“NOOOOOO!” I came to my knees and sobbed. Finally I picked myself off the floor and did what I never wanted to do. Slowly and carefully I unscrewed the blades from my razor. Sitting on the bathroom floor silently, I marked my wrists. I felt pinches but nothing more. I hated myself. Warm blood flowed slowly as I pressed my wrists. I couldn’t even cry anymore. I sat there in the dark.

The lights flicked on.

“Ariana.” I heard.

Looking up I saw a beautiful familiar face.

“Hold on, the ambulance is coming.” the voice echoed.