We Are Seniors

Ariana's POV

Junior year past quickly. Nathan and I ended up breaking up. Our romance was perfect and I hated that. It was too perfect. No fights no jealousy and no temporary hatred. I know it's sounds stupid of me but without that little bit of imperfection, it wasn't real love to me. Mika was the only one I loved. Senior year officially starts in three days. I'm finishing up my summer job as a life guard. It was a fun job. I had already released Yours Truly and three music videos. It felt amazing. I had an army of little Arianators behind me at every step. My favorite fans were these two amazing girls: Jess and Vanessa. They were the most devoted fans I could ever imagine. They even made dedicated Twitters and Instagrams to make sure I felt loved at every second.

And Mika's little army of Mikafreaks, well they hated me. And the Arianators hate the Mikafreaks. The fandoms grew a deep hatred for each other when we both got more popular. The story of our break up came out. Then after, everybody took sides.

I was never quite over Mika. But I'm sure he's over me. He already had two albums and fans from all over the world thanks to his trilingual talents. He was so amazingly talented. We never ever spoke. It was so depressing. Sometimes I feel...when I drive home...that maybe...I can just end it all. Right there. Take a deliberate turn. Crash.

But I never had been serious. But at night, I cry and think about the faith I had in Mika. The feeling I had when we kissed. It all hurt. I longed for him again. I knew he still didn't forgive me. I wish he could. Because my heart is dead without him.

-three days later-

I was so ready for another amazing school year. I bought fresh new everything: clothes, shoes, makeup, and Frankie even gave me a new car. I drove myself, Liz and Tori to school. I had a whole new attitude for Mika now. I was determined to speak to him.

After four periods I realized I didn't have any classes with Mika. I was so so very disappointed. At lunch I took my little body to his table. He had a group he would talk to. Nina, Richie, Cherrise, Micky, and Violetta. He was the first at their usual table today. I took the liberty of taking a seat. His eyes just looked at me. I couldn't tell what he was thinking or feeling.

"Can I help you, miss?" he asked calmly as if he didn't know me.

"Mika." I said sternly.

"Have you come to tear out my guts again?" he asked. I blinked a few times avoiding the approaching tears.

"No.."I said sadly. He smiled. He ACTUALLY smiled.

"Then you may proceed" oh my goodness. I could actually talk to him now.

"I've.. come to beg your forgiveness. I wanna have the best senior year... and it would be such a shame if you weren't a part of it." he was silent. His smile gone.

"Ariana.. I've already found a peaceful spot in my heart to forgive you. It took me a while but I found it." He said. I smiled and hugged him. He tensed up and didn't hug me back. I let go quickly.

"But..." he looked down and avoided me, "that doesn't mean.. I could love you again." he whispered the last part with care for my tender emotions. I stood for a second silent. I nodded. I could only walk away now. I missed him so much. I love him. And he couldn't love me.

I wanted so badly to disappear. I wanted him even more now. I couldn't help myself.

-after school-

Mika and I had one single class together. Art. We sat opposite sides of the room. We stared at each other quietly and sketched out favorite fruit during the warmup. After class was nearly over he walked over to me.

"I'm sorry I was so harsh earlier." he said under his breath. "Can we just maybe..start over?"