Story Behind The Wanted

Ariana’s POV

Today was the day. Nathan and I would release Almost Is Never Enough. We were even considering a video. We met with Jimmy before school, and Mika dropped me off at the front of the building. I turned and he blew him a kiss as he waited for me to finish the meeting with Jimmy and Nathan. Across the lot Nathan came to me and swung his arm around me and squeezed me tight against his body. His cologne smacked my face and I sneezed.

“Nathan, what are you doing?” I asked in a hushed tone as we walked in the building.

“What? Can’t a guy hug a girl that he likes?” he looked down to me with that same sparkle in his eyes.

“You like m--?”

“Hey, kids, I know that you need to get to school and all but I want you to meet the DJ who will debut your song this morning.” Jimmy walked us into his office and inside a man I recognized stood up from his seat and greeted us with a bright smile.

“Ariana? Nathan? This, right here is, Ryan Seacrest.” I shook his hand and I melted. I always knew this would happen. I looked to my side expecting to see Mika, but it was Nathan. I was so close to my dream, and the guy who inspired me to take this step in my career wasn’t even with me. My face fell just a little.

“Hey, so I love love the song that you two sang. I think the fans will like it too.” Ryan said.

“Fans?” my jaw dropped

“Yeah, you got lots of them already. I think Jimmy here should start making you guys sell yourselves. Jimmy and I are on American Idol and we could probably get you in the next season as a mentor for the contestants.” Ryan winked and Jimmy nodded.

“But, before all that, you need an album. You need even more fans. So to help you guys kick off this hit,” Ryan looked at Jimmy, “I wanna invite you personally to an interview on the air this morning.” I gasped and Nathan squeezed me close.

“Jimmy?” Nathan asked.

“Of course, you guys can go. I’ll call you guys in for being absent. Now go!” he sent us off with such joy in his smile. I could tell that Jimmy was proud of us. I ran to him and gave a huge hug. He pat my back and kissed me on top of my head.

“Can I offer you a ride?” Nathan asked on our way out. He opened the door for me and outside I saw Mika waiting in his car. I looked at Nathan.

“I’ll be right back.” I said to him I ran tot Mika’s dark blue mini Cooper and knocked on the window. He rolled to the window down and smiled.

Yesss my love?”

“Mika, you can go without me, Nathan’s gonna drive me and Ryan Seacrest oh my god you wont believe me but we’re going on his radio show this morning, well right now actually. And Jimmy and Ryan also said, oh my god, I could be American Idol, and well yeah, I first need to put out an album and so yeah. I’m so excited do I look okay? What am I saying it’s on the radio. What if there’s a camera? Oh please I’m not that famous-- “

“Ariana.” Mika said.

“Yeah?”

“Good luck, okay? Have fun.” I smiled and opened the door and gave him a kiss.

“Thanks, babe.” I said and ran out to meet Nathan. I sat in his car and we were off.

“So.” Nathan said breaking the quiet air.

“What.”

“You and Mika are really together?”

“Um yeah, for like almost the whole school year now.”

“Well not everybody knows about your little relationship, Ariana.” Nathan said and his tone cut me.

“Why the hell you got an attitude?” I asked.

“Well, if you didn’t notice already, I only did this stupid song with you because…” he looked at me then looked away again, “I like you. A lot. My band kicked me out after I would always talk about how talented you are. They got so mad they told me ‘if I thought you were so great, I should leave and work with you instead’ and so I did.” I sighed and looked forward.

 “Now, I find out that you are dating that guy..that changes things.” I looked at him. Was he threatening me?

“And what do you mean by that? You don’t to release this song? Just because I don’t like you back--?”

“Ariana!” he stepped on the brake hard, “I know you like me back. You don’t have to pretend. I see the way you look at me. And every time I catch you staring you blush. You probably don’t notice it but you do. You aren’t happy with Mika anymore. Just admit it. “ he words hung onto my soul and stung.

“I am happy with Mika!” I screamed at him, tears falling from my eyes.

“Ariana.” he leaned into me, “if you won’t be with me, I can promise that this song will never be released. Break up with him, and I can make you a huge success.”

My beloved readers,

Drama, drama, and drama. That’s all the next few chapters will be about. I’ll give a sneak peek of the next chapter in a few days. I hope y’all enjoyed this, thanks so much for your comments and reads and votes! Mariana or Nariana? J

Love you,

mika_freak_