Chp. 71 "Plan B"

Chp. 71 “Plan B”

~Andy’s POV~

I looked at Walker as he hung up the phone, which he had called Roger on to let them know they could move in. I was so nervous I felt like I was going to faint, and I knew it was because Avery would be tagging along. I was scared, but I was praying everything just went right.

I knew it wouldn’t take long for Taylor to bring them to the roof of the building, and I knew they would be getting into the F.P.S. any second now. They would come out on the floor they needed to find Pearce, and Roger was going to get the job done, notify us, and we were out.

I continued counting the seconds that passed by in my head, wondering if they were in the building yet. I closed my eyes, leaning against the wall for support as I tried to calm my heart rate. I knew it was no use though; I was panicking because I was afraid, and I wouldn’t be ok until we were clean out of here.

Then a deafening alarm sounded, and I immediately covered my ears at the loud sound that nearly gave me a heart attack. I looked at Walker and Max, who both seemed to realize what had happened.

Walker cursed to himself, “Fuck! The alarm!”

I looked at Max who was now scared, I could see it in his eyes, and we both understood we had now lost control of this plan. I looked at Walker, “What do we do?!”

He spoke, “Stay in here, just give me a second.”

I watched him as he slowly exited the room and shut the door, but not before I saw plenty of Agents rushing down the hall yielding guns at their sides. I knew it wouldn’t be long until they would realize Max and I weren’t in our cell too, and we would change from the hunters to the hunted.

We were fucked.

Walker never came back, and I looked at Max, “What the fuck do we do?”

Max grabbed my arm, pulling me next to him as he began opening the door to the security room. I saw chaos, as if the entire world was about to end, and I was now scared for Avery’s life. They were in danger, and I knew we had to find them. I figured Walker was gone because he must’ve been taken with the rest of the Agents.

We were on our own.

Then someone shouted at us from the hall, “There they are!”

My heart slammed in my chest as Max slammed the door shut, just in time to lock it while a giant man pounded on it from the other side. I screamed, “What the fuck do we do!?”

Max was leaning against the door, holding it shut just in case the man on the other side managed to break the lock. The door was the only thing separating us. Max spoke rather calmly, “Take us to Avery.”