Chp. 34 "Bad News"

Chp. 34 “Bad News”

“Where’s Chris again?”

Avery looked up at me as I held her in my arms, “He said he went to visit a friend. Why?”

I smiled, shaking my head as I pulled her closer to me as we continued to watch the movie on her TV. Her bed was extremely comfortable, and even though we were alone I just wanted to lie here with her in relaxation. I was still pretty fatigued from today’s practice but after we had eaten dinner and relaxed I had felt much better.

The final scene in Twilight was playing on the screen, and even though I had watched the movie a countless amount of times it was still boring to me. Avery had insisted we watch it though, so of course I didn’t argue.

I sighed, “Tell me again why you like this movie?”

I felt her move in my arms, and soon she was kneeling in front of me while I stared at her casually. I didn’t understand it, but I swore every time I looked at her I fell more in love with her. Just the way she looked at me made me melt to the core.

She sighed in frustration, “How can I not like it. It explains our relationship perfectly.”

I tilted my head, “I don’t recall sparkling when I step out into the sun, or wanting to drink your blood 24/7.”

I knew she was trying to be romantic, and I was just the type of person to be completely sarcastic. She frowned, making my heart melt a little bit inside my chest with her puppy dog face. She crawled slowly over to me, straddling my lap and sitting on my legs. I felt my heart beat thump hard in my chest as I felt her smooth, bare legs rub against mine.

“Edward is dangerous and inhumane, therefore he’s like you. Bella’s just a fragile girl who falls in love with him because he’s so mysterious and dangerous, and that’s like me.”

I lifted my eyebrow in response, seeing a sly expression play on her face. She moved closer, her hands falling lightly on my hips in the process.

I tilted my head, “I’m dangerous?”

She groaned, “That’s like asking me if you’re sexy, Andy. Of course you’re dangerous. I mean can you not control electricity and pretty much move whatever you want with your mind? Not to mention you can’t die… like Edward.”

“Ok, so I can heal, and yes I can do all of those things, but I can control myself. Edward apparently has a really hard time doing that around Bella.”

Her hand grazed up my arm and across my chest, rubbing smoothly over my breasts while she gripped the back of my neck with her other hand. She tilted her head, smirking playfully, “Don’t you have a hard time controlling yourself around me?”

I finally saw what she was getting at, causing me to smile in response, “Yes, when you look at me like that.”