Chp. 40 "Doctor Henson"

"Yes, the clinic isn't too far from where you and your friends are staying, about a ten to fifteen minute drive."

I finished jotting down the address to the clinic we were going to meet him at and I responded, "Ok, and you want us there for 3:00, correct?"

"Yes, see you there Andrea."

Then the phone clicked off and I looked at the rest of my crew, knowing we would need to leave in a bit. I sighed, giving it to Gage to type into the GPS when we made it downstairs to the Tahoe.

Max spoke, "So?"

I shrugged, "Didn't say much, just told us to meet him at the clinic at 3:00 and gave me the address."

Gage glanced at his watch and sighed, "Well we better get going."

We all headed downstairs and out of the hotel, climbing back into the Tahoe once again. Gage was feeling better and had offered to drive us there considering he had taken a break today, and soon we were off.

Avery's soft voice pulled me out of my trance, "So this vaccine...?"

I sighed, "I have no idea, honestly. I guess he'll tell us when we all get there. I'm guessing it's kind of like a shot you get to try to prevent contracting the disease. Like when you take a Flu shot."

This satisfied their minds a little because it made a lot of sense, and they were just worried. I was worried too, a lot, considering I couldn't bear to watch any of them get sick. They were all important to me, and I knew where we were heading tomorrow was only going to worry me more. The disease was popular up north, and I knew they were all scared.

The closer we became the scarier it was.

I watched the pink trail on the GPS make a right as Gage put on his blinker, turning slowly into the parking lot of a clinic that looked to be closed. There wasn't even a single car in the parking lot besides ours. I checked my phone for the time, and it was 2:58, we were only a couple of minutes early, so where was everyone?

Three pairs of eyes were looking at me for answers, those of which I didn't have. I shrugged, "I guess we should get down."

They followed me out of the Tahoe and to the front of the clinic, but when I pulled on the door it was locked. I frowned in confusion, not really understanding what the hell was going on.

In all honesty, this whole situation just became really sketchy.

"Andrea Brock."

I turned swiftly to my right where a very short and stout man approached me, sticking out his hand, "Doctor Henson at your service."

I stared at his open hand, referring back to the first time I met Agent Harris, "Don't take this the wrong way but, do you have powers?"

He smiled half-heartedly, "No, I do not."

I shook his hand then, smiling generously and responding, "Nice to meet you."

"Well you can all follow me to the back of the clinic; I'm not permitted to bring confidential cases through the front of the building. Cameras and all..."

We followed him back between the clinic and another building, allowing me to study him further. He was short but not too short, considering he was about my height, although Gage and Max made him look like a midget in comparison. He was balding in the middle of his head yet he didn't look at a day over 40, which made me wonder if he was in a stressful environment.