Chapter 29: More Than Just a Piece of Ass

A/N: Sorry I took years. I'm a procrastinator and a perfectionist, which isn't the best combination lol. But here's an extra long chapter to make up for it! PS: SA Part 4 is in the making rn.

-----

Recap (Read in Kazu's voice – owner of Sushi Rox from Zoey 101)

Previously on DYTL:

"That's fuckin ridiculous, Camz. You've never had sushi before?"

"Ew, heck no." (CH 28)

"It just clicks with you instantly. It's like the universe communicating with your soul and-"

"-giving it a big thumbs-up? A sign that this is the right path for you?"

Click! (CH 13)

"By announcing our marriage at her place of work, I hoped the word of her marriage would reach higher ups, who would want to be acquainted with me and coerce Dinah into bringing me to business parties. Also with the marriage announcement, I not only hoped to discourage other business associates from flirting with my wife, but also, to discourage DJ from being overly flirtatious in a business setting. After all, she needed to avoid blackmail ("gimme this much money or I'll tell your wife, etc"), promiscuity rumors, and potential public scandal. I knew business wasn't DJ's only supply line of girls, but I was confident that my actions were going to restrict a significant supply source." (CH 28)

Normani's father is a successful business investor, who gave her a sheltered/strict upbringing, so she's been dependent all her life. (Beginning CHs)

That's a lie. Did you forget? You used to think someone else was beautiful too, before she...

Stop it. Normani isn't like that. Normani is real. Normani wouldn't...

Don't be a fool again. They're all like that and you know it. So, snap out of it and focus! (CH 12)

"What happens if we date and I'm unwilling to go physically further with you? Every time I push you away, are you gonna get mad and then go sleep with someone? ... And I'm not going to be your girlfriend, because I know you don't like me for the person I am. You just want a piece of ass." (CH 25)

Next time, I was going to be calm, well-tempered, and well-rehearsed with better compliments and smoother moves. Next time, I was going to make sure she lost at least a little bit of control. (CH 28)

-----

*Disclaimer: American-style sushi*

Camila's POV

If I had one word to describe mine and Lauren's first date, it would be 'nightmare'. Like literally. The week following our date, I literally had nightmares about the Ring girl hunting me down. And when I didn't actually die on the seventh day after watching the movie like they did in the story, I finally took my phone off silent and started planning our second date.

To end this dare quickly, I needed Lauren to fall faster and harder for me. And to make her fall faster and harder, I needed to do something that she wasn't expecting. And that (unfortunately) was...

"Sushi?" Lauren asked in surprise as I pulled into the parking lot of the sushi restaurant I'd looked up online, "But I thought you hated sushi."

"I don't hate sushi. I've just never had it before. And since you said you liked it, I thought I should at least give it a try before dismissing it completely," I said sweetly, touching her hand. "And...I wanted my first time to be with you."

"Wow Camz, I don't know what to say," Lauren said, tangling her fingers with mine, "I feel honored to help you out with your first time."

Lauren raised our entwined hands up to her lips and kissed the top of my hand. Her gesture was so simple and sweet that a few dormant butterflies woke up and started wiggling around in my stomach.