Chapter 1: The Dare (Prologue)

A/N: Since it's mine and Vero's birthday today, here's a sneak peak of my new series!

May 2017

Vero's POV

Camila and I were sitting at our usual table outside of our go-to Starbucks and I was animatedly telling her about a wild party that I'd gone to the night before, when Dinah plopped down into the empty seat next to me and sighed, "I'm getting married."

"Ha ha," I said, rolling my eyes at Dinah's interruptive joke, before continuing my story. "And his dick was so small and fragile-looking that I used my thumb and index finger cuz I was scared it was gonna break or something. And he got off on it! Can you believe it!? He got off on a two-finger job! It wasn't even a proper hand job! And then he was too worn out to-"

"I'm serious, Iggy!" Dinah said, interrupting me again, "My family wants me to get married to the only other church-going lesbian they know!"

"There's another lesbian in your church?" Camila asked with a snort of laughter.

"Yeah. I've grown up going to church with her every Sunday, but I had no idea that she was into girls too," Dinah said.

"Wait, you're actually serious about this marriage thing?" I asked, forgetting my annoyance and gaping at Dinah.

Dinah nodded and started banging her head on the table.

"Aren't churches supposed to be against gay people or something?" Camila asked unfiltered. I facepalmed at her question, making Camila ask, "What?"

"Some churches are very welcoming and accepting. So yes, you can be religious and queer at the same time," I clarified for Dinah, who was still banging her head on the table in two-second intervals.

"Right," Camila said in a skeptical voice and continued sipping on her iced coffee.

I rubbed Dinah's back gently and said, "Tell us what's going on, D-mac."

Dinah lifted her head and sighed, "My family walked in on me having a threesome. I knew I shouldn't've given them a key to my house."

Camila and I exchanged amused looks, but looked away quickly to keep ourselves from cracking up.

Dinah continued, "Anyway, we were doing it on the couch in my living room. One girl was on my face and the other was riding on my strap-on, when my entire family: grandparents, parents, and siblings just fucking barged in out of the blue. I didn't even know they were coming. So obviously they were pretty scarred."

"And after that TMI, so are we..." Camila mumbled under her breath.

Dinah rolled her eyes at Camila and continued, "Anyway, all the older people started freaking out and sent the kids outside while the two bitches and I were trynna decent up. Then the one who was on my face goes 'Damn, I was so close,' and I was like 'Really bitch? You really 'bout to talk about that shit in fronna my family right now?' God...it was a real mess. But anyway, after those bitches left, my mom started crying and talking about how my life was doomed cuz I had premarital sex and how it's a sin to have sex with more than one person at a time and a whole bunch of other stuff like that."

"Wait, so it's okay for you to be lesbian, but it's not okay for you to have premarital sex? They do know you can't have a child out of wedlock if you only have sex with girls, right?" Camila asked.

"Walz, I don't have time for your atheist bullshit right now, okay!? My life is literally over and I'm not even 20 yet!" Dinah said.

"Then what happened?" I asked, trying to steer the conversation back.