Chapter 63

The cast had a lot of fun pop-up events to perform at. Kasey and Jess were asked to do a performance at Laura Osnes's Broadway Princess Party. They didn't necessarily have to sing songs from the show, which was good.

Kasey decided to sing 'Home' from Beauty and the Beast, and then Jess picked 'Just Around the Riverbend'.

The girls all combined for a number after singing their solos, as a medley.

Kasey hadn't ever performed at 54 Below before- it was a cool atmosphere. People laughed at things that Kasey didn't know that they would laugh at, and they applauded for cool moments. 

It probably had to do with the alcohol that everyone was drinking, but Kasey didn't mind at all. It was one of the more receptive and fun audiences that she'd performed in front of. 

Performing with all of Broadway's current and former princesses was an honor in itself. It was one of the elite clubs of theatre. Kasey never thought she'd be counted among Broadway's princesses- but here she was. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week of crazy shows later, the Broadway.com Audience Choice Award Nominations were released to the public.

To the cast of Disney's Frozen on Broadway,

Congratulations on the following nominations. The award ceremony will take place on February 21, 2018. If any cast member nominated is not able to attend, please notify the committee of who will be accepting the award on the actor's behalf. 

Favorite New Musical

Favorite Leading Actor in a MusicalSebastian Carter as Prince Hans, Disney's Frozen on Broadway; Jacob Hayes as Kristoff, Disney's Frozen on Broadway

Favorite Leading Actress in a Musical- Jessica Clarke as Elsa, Disney's Frozen on Broadway; Kasey Winslow as Anna, Disney's Frozen on Broadway

Favorite Featured Actor in a Musical: Reed Garrett as Olaf, Disney's Frozen on Broadway; Dylan Landry as Sven, Disney's Frozen on Broadway

Favorite Funny Performance: Reed Garrett as Olaf, Disney's Frozen on Broadway; Quentin Steel as Duke Weselton, Disney's Frozen on Broadway

Favorite Onstage Pair: Jessica Clarke and Kasey Winslow, Disney's Frozen on Broadway; Sebastian Carter and Kasey Winslow, Disney's Frozen on Broadway

Favorite Ensemble: Disney's Frozen on Broadway

Favorite Ensemble Performer: Elizabeth Gray, Disney's Frozen on Broadway; Jackson Schelde, Disney's Frozen on Broadway

Favorite Breakthrough Performance (Male): Dylan Landry as Sven, Disney's Frozen on Broadway

Favorite Breakthrough Performance (Female): Rebecca Benton and Emma Zee as Anna, Disney's Frozen on Broadway; Maura King and Lily Thorne as Elsa, Disney's Frozen on Broadway

Favorite New Song: "An Act of True Love (Quartet)", Disney's Frozen on Broadway

TOTAL NOMINATIONS: 18

PERFORMERS WITH MULTIPLE NOMINATIONS:

SEBASTIAN CARTER: 2

JESSICA CLARKE: 2

REED GARRETT: 2

DYLAN LANDRY: 2

KASEY WINSLOW: 3

I look forward to seeing you at the awards.

Yours,

Paul Wontorek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was definitely weird to be nominated so many times. As an ensemblist the previous year, Kasey really only had the opportunity to be nominated twice- once as the group ensemble, the other as the favorite ensemblist. This year, Kasey was nominated for best pair twice, and by herself once.

She never would have imagined this. 

That was the thing, about being a leading actor. Pippa and Renee had never really talked about the fame that came with being the face of a musical. The countless fans, the autographs, the interviews, everything. 

Now Kasey was finding out for herself.

In a way, Kasey liked being in ensemble, because of the less intense pressure. But it was also a huge honor to be the one that everyone looked up to, to be the 'Phillipa Soo' of Frozen. Little eight-year-old Kasey would never have thought that this is where she would have ended up. 

"Congrats on your nominations!" Jess exclaimed, when she saw Kasey backstage during the show. "I wasn't at all surprised."

"Well, I could say the same thing to you," Kasey reminded her friend. "Nominated for favorite leading actress and onstage pair. That's a big deal."

"Of course I'm honored," Jess laughed, hugging Kasey. "The ensemble award wasn't a thing when Tangled was eligible, remember? Things have changed. I'm just glad that we're nominated together."

"Before we met, I actually didn't realize that you were in Tangled," Kasey admitted. "I don't know why, I was there often enough. And I wouldn't have wanted to be nominated with anyone else. Sebastian is great, but he's not you, you know?"

"Aww, thanks. To be fair, Jace hung out with the main cast members more than the ensemble. And I wasn't there the first time you saw the show."

"True."

The opening bars of 'In Summer' started playing.

"I'd better get ready," Jess said. "I'll see you onstage, sister."

"Alright," Kasey laughed. "See you then, sister."