Chapter 55

Kasey didn't tell Carleigh about moving in with Jace for a few days. She wanted to think about it and make sure that she really wanted to move in with him before telling her best friend. Talking to Carleigh about it somehow made it seem... more final. Like she couldn't back out once she told Carleigh. 

The Frozen cast was busy getting ready for their Good Morning, America medley that they were going to perform. Kasey could tell that everyone was excited to get to perform on live television- especially the four girls. 

They planned to do 'Do You Wanna Build a Snowman' and 'Coronation Day' to feature as many people as possible. Kasey was glad that those two songs were chosen, because she didn't have to sing by herself that much. Even though she was comfortable with singing solos on a Broadway stage, new experiences (like singing live on TV) still made her nervous. That was partially why she hated being the Angelica/Eliza/Peggy understudy in Hamilton. 

So, bright and early, Kasey woke up, crept out of the loft, and headed to the studio where they were going to film. On the way, she grabbed a cup of hot chocolate at a coffee shop. Sebastian was probably going to tease her for not drinking coffee like an adult, but she didn't mind that much. 

"Kasey!" Emma squealed as soon as she saw Kasey, running up to give her a huge hug. 

"Hey, Emma," Kasey laughed.

"You're Kasey Winslow?" someone dressed in a blazer asked, consulting their clipboard. Kasey nodded. "Right this way, I'll be taking you to your dressing room. Rehearsal for your numbers will be in about fifteen minutes, and then we'll air in about an hour and a half."

Kasey followed the person to her dressing room. Someone had printed out a snowflake and written 'Kasey Winslow, Anna' on it with black marker. Kasey's dressing room was right next to Jess's, which was empty, and Sebastian's, which currently housed Sebastian, Maura, Lily, and Rebecca.

"Is that hot chocolate, Kasey?" Sebastian asked as Kasey walked by.

"Yes, it is, and before you make fun of me, let me remind you of all the childish things you do in your life," Kasey called without even stopping. 

"What a savage," Jess said, catching up to Kasey. "You go, girl."

"Thanks," Kasey laughed. "He has no right to judge me for my hot chocolate habits."

"I can still hear you, Kasey!" Sebastian shouted.

"Good!" Kasey called back. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They had a few minutes before they rehearsed through what they were going to do blocking wise. It was hard to believe that they were going live in a few hours, because no one looked even close to being ready to perform. Everyone was in sweatpants and comfy clothes, and no one was wearing stage makeup.

After rehearsing, they all gathered for donuts before dispersing to actually get into costume. Kasey had to put her hair into tight curls on her head so that her wig would stay on. It was one of her least favorite parts of being in Frozen. Doing them every day was a pain, but there was also no way that she would ever dye her hair red.

"Hey, Kasey, do you have extra bobby pins?" Jess asked, sticking her head in the door.

"Yeah, in that blue box," Kasey said, halfway through one of her curls. She pointed with her elbow at the little box, which Daveed and Oak had given her. They'd decorated it with snowflakes and sparkles. It was now her designated bobby pin container.

"Thanks," Jess said. 

Kasey's dresser quickly helped her pin the wig onto her wig cap, and then Kasey put on her coronation gown.