Chapter 11

The next day, Kasey got a notification from Tristan, the media director, telling her to 'be prepared'. She read the text with some trepidation. She didn't remember what she was supposed to be prepared for, until Tristan forwarded a link to the entire cast.

'FROZEN ON BROADWAY ANNOUNCES CAST AND CREW'

Kasey clicked on the link and scrolled through it, already knowing some of what it would read.

'Frozen on Broadway's director, Gary Somers, announced the official Frozen cast that will take the show to the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in early 2018. 

Heading the cast as the ice queen Elsa is Jessica Clarke, who is extremely familiar with the Lunt-Fontanne, having been an ensemble member in 'Tangled'. 

Playing Elsa's sister, Anna, is beloved 'Hamilton' alumni Kasey Winslow, who was part of the Tony Award-winning ensemble. Kasey also won a Broadway.com Audience Choice Award for favorite ensemblist.

Along with Jessica Clarke and Kasey Winslow, Frozen will feature Sebastian Carter, Jacob Hayes, Reed Garret, Dylan Landry, and Quentin Steel. 

Frozen will premiere in its off-Broadway run in less than a few weeks, where we'll see our first glimpses of this eagerly anticipated Disney musical.'

That explained the sudden influx of Instagram followers that Kasey had. The amount of power Disney had always astonished Kasey. They seemed to draw fans in easier than she could have believed. 

"Why do you suddenly have 100K followers?" Carleigh asked while they were both eating breakfast.

"They announced the Broadway cast to the public today," Kasey explained. "It's kind of weird that they're already excited about who's in the cast."

"Actually, the show is highly anticipated. Disney musicals are always draws for fans, and Frozen is iconic. Disney's been advertising for a long time," Carleigh countered.

Kasey shrugged. She ate the last bite of her toast, put her plate in the sink, and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. "What are you doing today?"

"I'm teaching a Hamilton masterclass," Carleigh said. "If you want, pop in. I'm sure the kids would be thrilled."

"We'll see, we're getting down to the wire with rehearsals," Kasey said ruefully. "I wish, though. I've actually never taught a masterclass."

"It's so much fun. You'd be great at it if you tried it," Carleigh said instantly. Kasey finished brushing and scraped her hair into a ponytail. 

She grabbed her bag and her keys on the way out. "See you later, Carleigh."

"Have fun!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They ended up doing a full run-through of the show at rehearsal. It went better than Kasey expected. There weren't any horrible mess-ups, and everyone was having fun. 

It was always a relief to get to the second act, even if it did mean that she shared more scenes with Jacob. He was acting as cocky as ever, and was a little too forward for Kasey's taste.

"Hey, Kasey, wanna go out to dinner with me after this?" Jacob drawled, with that odd Midwestern accent that always puzzled Kasey. "Grab some tea, and whatnot?"

Kasey frowned at him as she flipped through her script. "Tea, really?"

"You Brits like tea, right? I figured you'd be one to fit the type. Classy, aloof, tea-drinking?" Jacob said, leaning against the wall. 

Kasey snorted. "And I suppose you chew on hay, drink beer, and yell 'yee-haw' at the top of your lungs all day?"

Jacob smirked. "You wish. You Brits think you know everything, but you lost the colonies."

"I didn't lose the colonies, King George did, and anyway, I'm also half American, and I know when I'm being patronized," Kasey said sharply. 

"It's not like you have any plans tonight, Kasey Winslow," Jacob called, just as she turned away. 

Kasey spun around. "I do. I'm helping my friend with a Hamilton masterclass. I'm assuming you don't have plans, seeing as you're literally begging me to go to dinner with you. You could always ask someone else. I'm sure they'd be happy to deal with you."

"You can't pretend you don't like me for long," Jacob said as Kasey walked away. She shook her head, but didn't even bother to turn around.

Jacob got under her skin. He was drastically different from Jace. He had never patronized Kasey. He'd treated her like something precious. Something he didn't want to hurt. And even though she and Jace weren't talking, she still wasn't sure if their relationship was actually over. Part of Kasey still fumed about what Jace had said, and part of her still loved everything else about him. 

She didn't know if she should break up with him. She knew that he was one of the best guys she'd ever met, but she also beginning to wonder if no one would ever be quite right.

She decided it didn't matter that much anyway. Plenty of people were single. She didn't always need a guy to make her happy.