Chapter 21

Kasey hurried to rehearsal the next day. They were having their last couple rehearsals for their opening night. It was a little over a week away, and things were starting to pick up.

She kept getting Instagram messages asking her about Tangled closing. The fans thought she would be going to the last show, and she was getting uncomfortable.

Her relationship with Jace had never been super public. People had know about it, they'd been on each other's social media accounts, people could go up to them when they were on dates. It had become common knowledge in the last Hamilton and Tangled fan bases, at least.

But they never made their breakup public, which was leading to uncomfortable situations in public and on Kasey's social media.

She decided she would ask Carleigh what to do after rehearsal.

~~~~~~~~

The rehearsal wasted no time. They rehearsed songs over and over again, especially the ones that were technically challenging for the sound, lights and stage crew. Gary made them go over their singing and the pit parts.

The show was starting to come together. Things were starting to slide into place. Micheline's costumes were beautiful, and the sets had a sort of elegance and classic Disney grandeur to them.

Backstage was fun, too. Kasey, in the sparse moments she had, would play Heads Up with the four younger girls, or joke around with the ensemble. They had their little traditions- every time someone saw a snowflake, you had to do a leap into the air. It happened quite frequently.

Things had changed. They'd already come far since their days in the rehearsal room. Everything was in good shape, just in time for their final week before opening night.

Kasey could feel the excitement building. Energy filled the entire theatre whenever she was onstage and the music seemed to echo long after the final notes of the show.

Opening night seemed especially close when they planned their official bows. It was always something that shows worked out last.

She was so used to Hamilton's minimalistic bows. They bowed a total of four or five times, as a group. Whoever played Hamilton got a solo bow. There wasn't much of the leading actor bows.

For a Disney production, though, everything changed.

The curtain would close and the leading actors would go offstage. The ensemble would form lines to create a sort of tunnel, and they would bow first. Then, the four girls would bow together- Emma, Lily, Maura and Rebecca. After they went, then Quentin, who was the Duke and the Troll King. Then Reed and Dylan, with their Olaf and Sven puppets. And then Sebastian.

Kasey and Jess would bow together, and then there would be two company bows. The pit and tech acknowledgements would be in the company bows.

"Well, rehearsal is over. We have another rehearsal tomorrow and a show tonight. Don't be late," Gary announced after they practiced the bows for about twenty minutes.

Kasey wanted to get home pretty quickly. She was getting tired of the endless rehearsals. Carleigh texted to say that she'd made it back to the loft.

~~~~~~~

Kasey stepped in the door about ten minutes after leaving rehearsal.

"Hey," Carleigh greeted, getting up from the couch and hugging Kasey tightly. "How was your Christmas?"

"It was relaxing," Kasey said. "I watched some movies and opened the gifts. Not much else."

Carleigh laughed. She pulled out her phone. It had the case that Kasey had gotten her, which was identical to the one that she'd given Kasey. "I have to admit, I panicked a little. At first, I thought I had accidentally given you the wrong gift somehow."