Chapter 27

A few weeks later, and the fans had finally calmed down about Kasey and Jace, which was a relief.

The cast was getting ready to move back out of the Astor Place Theatre. The show would be going on Broadway in September, and they needed to go back into rehearsals to plan everything out. 

The Lunt-Fontanne was already beginning to switch over from Tangled to Frozen. The huge posters were being torn down and the sets were getting moved out of the theatre. Kasey would walk by occasionally and see workers doing construction.

Since they were about to move out of the Astor Place Theatre, things had died down for the cast. They had less rehearsals, and more down time to relax and enjoy the process. For the first time in a long time, Kasey actually had time outside of the theatre.

She hung out with Carleigh quite a bit, shopping and just walking around New York City. They saw Hamilton together, which was a strange experience. The entire time Kasey wanted to be onstage doing the choreography, but the girl who was in Kasey's track was talented, so she didn't mind as much. They also went to see Dear Evan Hansen together. 

Frozen was getting high praise from the critics, and people were still flocking to the Astor Place. Kasey was glad- she'd been worried that people wouldn't appreciate the show, somehow. Even though Disney was known for producing successful Broadway shows, there was always the looming shadow of Tarzan that Kasey had never forgotten. 

It was well established that Frozen well surpassed Tarzan and was on its way to becoming the next Tangled. The unexpected thing- critics seemed to think that Frozen would last much longer than Tangled had. 

That made Kasey slightly uncomfortable. Tangled had still been doing well even when it closed- the main reason for it closing was because Disney was only allotted a certain number of Broadway theatres at a time, and they didn't want to be maintaining four Broadway shows at a time. There was even talk of a Beauty and the Beast revival. 

But Frozen was guaranteed for its Broadway run, and they would be moving into the Lunt Fontanne in a few weeks. Kasey was excited.

~~~~~~~

Before Kasey knew it, she was stepping into her Broadway dressing room for the first time. It was arranged in a suite-like fashion. A small room connected the dressing rooms of Jess, Sebastian, and Jacob's to Kasey's dressing room, which was nice.

As soon as Kasey walked into the room, she knew that it had been Jace's. The walls were still painted a dark navy blue, and it smelled like him. The memories from Tangled seemed to linger in the air. And someone had painted Flynn Rider on the wall.

It was strange to have Jace's old dressing room. If they had still been dating, they probably would have laughed it off and joked about passing on the room. But they weren't, and it was just a reminder of how Frozen had cost Tangled its run on Broadway, and what had torn their relationship apart.

"Hey, how's your dressing room?" Jess asked, poking her head in the door.

"It's good, how's yours?" 

"It's really nice, and whoever was here last must have been an amazing painter. Someone did the tower from Tangled on the wall, with scenery and everything. I wish I were that good at art," Jess laughed. 

Kasey went over to see. Sure enough, someone had taken the time to paint the Tangled tower on the wall. It was good, too- it wasn't someone trying to pretend that they were good at painting. Whoever had done it knew what they were doing. 

Kasey went to text Jace to ask him who it was, and then she remembered, for the one hundredth time, that they weren't dating anymore.

"I think you have the Rapunzel dressing room," Kasey said quickly.

"I agree, and I'm pretty sure that Sebastian got Pascal's, because the walls are bright green and someone painted a giant Pascal on the wall, too," Jess said, leading Kasey to Sebastian's dressing room.

The Pascal was even more majestic than the tower was. On the wall by the mirror, there were three names signed in different handwriting, along with start and end dates.

Kaitlyn Knox- opening night, April 16, 2014- September 10, 2015

Isabella Rice- September 11, 2015- May 28, 2016

Laynie Edmunds- May 29, 2016- closing night, January 12, 2017

Kasey had met Kaitlyn when she watched the show, and Isabella had been Pascal when she saw Tangled for the second time. 

"I'm honestly really reluctant to paint over this," Sebastian admitted. "I might just redo the other wall in blue, and just do something Hans related over there. And if there are two other Disney shows in this theatre, then they can go on the others walls, too."

"That's actually really smart, because I don't want to paint over my dressing room, either," Jess commented. "Is there anything in your dressing room, Kasey?"

"Yeah, there's a Flynn Rider on the wall, but I might do the same thing as you guys and just paint over one or two of the walls. It's kind of cool to leave Tangled's legacies up there."

"Yeah, plus, these paintings are really cool," Sebastian added. "Did Jacob show any of you his dressing room?"

"No, but I wouldn't be surprised if Maximus is painted on one of the walls," Kasey joked. "The Tangled cast is honestly so extra."

"They are, but it's great. I loved them," Jess agreed.