Chapter 19

They only had two days off for Christmas, so Kasey decided to stay at the loft instead of going to the Bettiol's house for the holidays. It wasn't worth the travel, and she'd have to get back to rehearsals anyway.

They at least had shortened rehearsal on Christmas Eve, so that people could go to see their families and go to services and that sort of thing.

Kasey decided against going Christmas caroling and doing anything else. As much as she loved and respected the holidays and the worship services, she was tired from the many rehearsals they had. She also knew that she could not get sick before opening night.

While Carleigh traveled to go with Patricia, Kasey elected to put on a movie and drink some hot chocolate instead. She'd already wrapped the gifts she'd gotten for Carleigh and her cast members. She deliberated for a long time over getting Jace a gift. Part of her hoped that their relationship was intact, and the other part of her knew that it was over, at least for the time being. She still couldn't believe what Jace had said to her.

Her phone lit up with a text message and Kasey paused the Harry Potter movie she was watching.

Jace: Kasey, I know I was awful to you and I'm sorry. Can we start over?

Kasey ran a hand through her hair. She wanted to trust him, she really did. But she couldn't. She had gone through too much hurt to stand any more.

Kasey: I'm sorry, Jace, but it's not working out between us, not right now. I need space.

Jace: give me a second chance, Kasey. Please.

Kasey: you will never understand how much what you said hurt. I'm sorry. I have a lot going on, and I need people who are supportive around me.

Jace: I was angry and upset, but please, Kasey. Tangled closes on January 14 and I want you there.