Chapter 3

They rehearsed every other day, for the most part. There were a lot of changes, and there were even set building days. The entire cast pitched in.

It was definitely weird, not being with all of Kasey's Hamilton friends. She missed Carleigh and Ariana, for the most part, but the Schuyler sisters, too.

The Frozen cast was generally a nice cast. Jess Clarke was an extremely sweet, funny person, and the little girls playing young Elsa and Anna were adorable.

But Gary, the director, was nowhere near as nice as Tommy Kail had been. And Jacob, who played Kristoff, wasn't someone Kasey generally liked being around. He wasn't like Megan had been, but he was arrogant, self-centered, and patronizing. Which was unfortunate, because Kasey had to kiss him.

At least it was only once per show.

The music changed constantly. Kasey loved it, though. She thought she would get sick of most of the songs but she hadn't yet.

Kasey had decided to use an American accent again in Frozen, to match Jess for the most part. And Anna wasn't really an American princess. She was technically Norwegian, but Kasey definitely was not doing that accent. She didn't think she even knew how.

Kasey walked into the latest rehearsal. She wore the scarf she'd bought with Carleigh, who was up to some secret project. She hadn't been at the loft recently and Kasey was lonely.

Jace hadn't texted, either. He was still in Tangled, but Kasey didn't see him as much as she'd seen him when she was in Hamilton. It was weird. It felt like he was pulling away.

"Kasey!!!" Emma Zee squealed as Kasey walked in the door. She ran up to Kasey.

"Hey, Emma," Kasey said, grinning. Emma was the seven-year-old who played the youngest Anna. And then there was Rebecca, who played teenage Anna.

"Where's Jess?" Emma demanded. Kasey scanned the room. Sure enough, Jess wasn't there yet.

"I don't know. She still has fifteen minutes," Kasey said, checking her phone.

Soon enough, about five minutes later, Jess came through the door.

"JESS!" Emma exclaimed.

"Emma!" Jess called back. "What songs are we singing today?"

Kasey flipped through the rehearsal schedule.

"Both 'Do You Wanna Build a Snowman' songs, 'First Time in Forever', 'Coronation Day', 'Vuelie', 'Let it Go', 'An Act of True Love,'" Kasey listed.

"Yay! We get to sing together!" Emma said, dancing around Kasey and Jess.

Lily walked over. She was nine, because Elsa was the older sister. She was definitely more grown-up than Emma was, but she was still extremely enthusiastic.

"Kasey!" Lily greeted. "And Jess!"

"The Schuyler Sisters," Sebastian, who played Hans, laughed as he walked by. Kasey laughed, too.

"Work work, Angelica!" she sang. Lily giggled.

"Alright, sit down," Gary called tersely. Kasey exchanged glances with Jess before sitting down in her usual seat, flipping open her music.

"This is not moving as quickly as it should be. You need to take this seriously, and if I have to recast, I will," Gary snapped. "This is not a joke, people. This is my career on the line."

Kasey exchanged glances with Jess. Lin never talked the way Gary did. He put the cast and the show first, never himself. He never said something was for him specifically. It was always 'how can we improve the show'?

John Case, who wrote Frozen's book, stepped forward. " I have an exciting announcement. Our theatre on Broadway has been determined, and we will be performing in the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre."

The room filled with cheers and clapping. Lily and Emma were jumping up and down. Kasey hugged Jess, and then paused. She realized-

The Lunt-Fontanne Theatre was where Tangled played.

Frozen was replacing Tangled on Broadway. Jace would not be happy.

~~~~~~~~

Kasey arrived at the loft about three hours later. They rehearsed most of the show. They'd added some choreography, and Gary had knitpicked every single detail of 'Vuelie', to the point that all the ensemblists wanted to strangle him.

She hung her bag on her hook and flopped down on the couch. Carleigh was curled up in a little ball on the armchair, on her phone. She looked up when Kasey sat down.

"How was rehearsal?" she asked.

"Gary is still an obnoxious director, and we went through a lot of the show," Kasey said. "We found out the theatre that we're going to be in."

"That's great!" Carleigh exclaimed. "Which theatre?"

"That's the thing... It's the Lunt-Fontanne," Kasey told her.

She watched realization dawn in Carleigh's eyes.

"Isn't that... Tangled's going off Broadway?!"