Sin IV ~ The Fleshly Desires

Start from the beginning

*

Angel Grace sighed from disbelief. How come a teenage girl of her age was given a curfew when most of the girls she knew in Last Town don't have any.

Officer Heavens:

"The number of inhumane incidents have been getting higher in number. It's better to be safe than sorry."

*

Angel Grace rolled her eyes and smirked.

Angel Grace:

"I can take care of myself."

*

V wanted to laugh but he didn't. Remembering how she almost died from being hit by a car made him think how helpless she was.

Officer Heavens:

"Just do what I say, Angel Grace."

*

Angel Grace no longer made a protest. Yet she stood and grabbed her bag instead.

Angel Grace:

"I'm late for school. I'm going now."

*

Officer nodded and shook his head  while staring at V.

He felt ashamed knowing his daughter didn't even give him the respect ought to be given by a daughter to her father.

V was silent. He was still figuring things out the reason why Angel Grace could barely give due respect to his father. The love and care of a daughter to her father.

Officer Heavens:

  "Go now, V and have fun in school. It means don't put yourself into trouble."

*

V:

  "See you later, Officer Heavens."

*

He rose from his seat and smiled at the officer.

Officer Heavens:

  "One more thing, V."

*

V stopped and looked at the officer.

Officer Heavens:

  "Please look after my daughter."

*

V wanted to protest. Why would an ordinary man order him to watch over a rebellious young woman? Who dared to give him such duty he wouldn't want to comply?

A father. A father caring for his daughter's welfare. A father being rejected by his own daughter.

But the son of the devil just nodded before leaving the officer in the dining area.

He was displeased by such act of agreement and found himself confused. Why did he get to accept the obligation and what made him accept it?

The son of the devil had to strongly convince himself that he was not contaminated with the humans and their desires to seek for more spiritual and moral stains.

He was different. He's no human.

***

V went outside the house only to witness Angel Grace leaving with her old truck.