he says he needs me - mileven

eleven slowly stepped towards the dingy dining area in the humble cabin. the items around them were cluttered, but el didnt mind. all she could think of was the image of mike, stuttering on his own words, desperate like her.

hopper was already seated at the table, already aware of her seeing him, as the tv was moved all the way to her room. when el "visited" mike, it was made sure at most she was alone. it was all that hopper could give her when it came to mike-- privacy.

"did you visit him again?" he asked, his voice slow and careful. eleven swallowed, her eyes not looking away from her food, her hands plopped down her lap.

"he says he needs me." she croaked.

hopper couldnt help but notice her twitching brow, maybe of silent desperation. her fingers were making a soft taps on her denim jeans, far too big for her scrawny legs. hopper felt it-- the melancholic atmospehere that eleven had on her shoulders right now.

but he just couldnt. he couldnt let her walk out of this cabin, stepping into a world where she could possible get hurt. again.

with the same caution, he spoke. "do you want me to go check on him?"

eleven raised her head up, slowly, like a one of those crane games on the arcade. like one of those snowflakes falling in the wind, only to break and shatter against icy concrete. because eleven had been waiting for that question.

"yes," she breathed. "please."

a.n

im making this into a story :p mileven, of course. an alternate version, wherein eleven makes the decision of letting hopper check on mike, and how that tiny little thing affects a whole story. ⚡