chains of fear - fillie

By delusional Delia HAHAHAHA

We ourselves must admit that we are always lost. Even the richest people, the most successful ones, they find themselves in a crossroad in which they dont know where to go.

And Millie Bobby Brown was in the crossroad of crying silently and walking away as she usually does; or screaming at the dark haired boy with with an evil smirk plastered on his face, seeing satisfaction as she was humiliated in the school corridors with everyone crowding up to see the poor weak girl on the white shiny tiles with her papers-- reviewers, articles, research, all of them; flying above and falling down her.

It was typical Wednesday morning. And for Millie, typical was alright, but because of Finn Wolfhard, her typical school life was the reason why she didnt want to wake up in the morning-- for she would then again face the devilish bully that he is.

She had never done anything to Finn. In fact, she even liked him at first. She thought that the possibility she liked Finn was stupid, but who wouldnt fall for that pair of beautiful brown eyes?

But when he suddenly, out of the blue starts to bully her endlessly in a way she would consider a nightmare, she is more than broken. The person she likes, the person whose name was scribbled all over the back of her notebook; was the one that seemed to despised her.

Late at night, when the room is dark and the lights are turned off, tears would run down her cheeks as her mind raced for the things she had ever done to be treated this way by the boy she liked. It broke her heart and shattered her, just the fear of her facing Finn once again.

"What are you gonna do, little Millie?" he asked, the crowd laughing wildly. "Are you going to hurt me?" he said, feigning fear, his eyes flashing playfully. Millie closed her eyes, feeling her tears like acid pouring down from her eyes, and began to pick up her papers one by one with her blood boiling and her heart shattering.

Finn followed her around as she went in circles in gathering her papers. And once she had finally compiled them all, Finn snatched it from her hand and threw it in the air.

As it scattered on the ground, that was when Millie looked Finn in the eye, her face dismal, her eyes shining pain. "What kind of a person are you?" she asked through gritted teeth, "You're cruel, Finn Wolfhard. You dont even seem human to me anymore."

Everyone was shocked. Millie never answered back. She would cry and walk away; that was what she was known for. And as she walked away, Finn stared at her, watching her as her shoulders shook and her head hung down, obviously crying.

;

The school rooftop was a prohibited and off limits area for the students. There had been an accident in the area before, and after that, the principal had forbidden everyone from going there again.

But being Finn Wolfhard, he would stay there up til the moon would shine brightly in the dark sky with the stars all around.

He never wanted to go home. If he had a choice, he wouldnt go home, ever. He was a misfit. He always seemed to be the puzzle piece that never matched the figure of his family.

His mother died when he was 9 because of her getting involved in a car accident. After that, Finn's father remarried and had children with his stepmother, but he never, no matter how much his new mother would exert effort in to gain his trust and love, saw her as a mother.

He had 2 siblings, from his stepmom. They were always reaching out to him, but he would push them away.

Late at night, when Millie was crying in her room, Finn was peeking in the hallway, silent and slow tears dripping from his eyes as his father with is new wife and their kids would laugh and giggle with one another in watching a movie, playing a board game, or simply just talking in the living room.

Usually, he'd get his denim jacket he had ripped and grab on some jeans, get the only picture of his mother he had and tuck it in the pocket of his jacket, and jump out of the window, and go to the school rooftop and stare at the stars miserably about how he hated the idea of love.

Love was a cruel thing. It would twist you, change you, make you happy; then all of a sudden it is taken away and leaves you hanging. He had vowed to himself that he would never do that mistake people would fall for.

So you could see how Finn freaked out when he suddenly got drawn to Millie Bobby Brown.

He just couldnt. He cant like her. He couldnt help staring at her, admiring her. He wasnt ready. He was never suppose to be ready. He had to hate her. He had to be hated by her.

Both of them cry at the same second, in different places, of different reasons. Both anchored by fear, trembling at night.

;

Millie was surprised to see no Finn and no crowds were waiting for her as she entered the halls. Her eyes were still red and puffy. The corridor was quiet and there wasnt much people.

She raised up her wrist to check her watch. There was still 45 minutes til class. Normally, everyone would be goofing around until the bell rang.

She got up to her locker carefully, and with full cautiousness opened it and rushed quickly to the side. There wasnt any shaving cream or confetti busters. She gave a sigh of relief. It had happened to her once, one of Finn's pranks on her.

She walked quickly to the school garden, where everyone usually was studying, chatting and the likes. People were there everywhere, but they were all hushed and quiet, whispering in circles. She shrugged and walked over under her favorite tree, and sat, tucking her black skirt in and straightening the daisy themed off-shoulder top she was wearing.

Suddenly, Finn sat beside her, his hair in it's usual messiness. There was something different about his aura, like a sense of soberness. Millie didnt look up from her History textbook, trying to keep her tears from falling.

She wasnt successful.

Drippity drop. The sound of her tears landing on the pages of her textbook. It ruined a paragraph.

"Millie.." Finn began, his fingers reaching her chin, as he raised it up, and put his face closer to his.

Her heart was thumping loudly, her eyes still glistening with tears. "Millie, Im sorry for everything."

Millie looked away, stifling a sob. "This is a prank isnt it?" she whispered softly, but loud enough for him to hear. "It isnt," he said miserably. "Come with me to the rooftop, I need to talk to you." he said, his eyes pouring into hers.

"I dont trust you."

"I need you to. You have to trust me." his voice cracked, and he started to cry.

Millie knew this was for real. Seeing Finn, the person who caused her suffering, was crying in front of her.

"Alright."

;

"This place is off limits you know," Millie said quietly, taking a big step. Her sneakers swiftly screeched, she jumped in surprise, but Finn caught her hand and she fell on top of him.

Their eyes met, her breathing quickened in pace. She could smell his denim jacket, like mint.

"Im well aware." he said in a hush.

Time seemed to stop moving as their eyes locked with one another.

Millie snapped back into reality and brushing off dirt from her top and clearing her throat.

"Why did you bring me here?" She asked, her eye twitching. "Millie.. Im sorry."

"When you answered back yesterday, it was like a bolt of electricity. It made me realize how many things i have done to you. You dont deserve that." His gaze fell to his lap. "No one deserves the treatment I give you." He whispered the last part but Millie heard it.

And with a forgiving heart, twinkling eyes, and smiling lips, she held his hand.

"It's alright. And i just want to say that.." her teeth sank into her lips. "I like you a lot too. And no more chains of fear holding me back."

SO LONG TBH AND THIS HAS BEEN IN MY DRAFTS FOR UM 4 MONTHS AGO WUSHU HAHAHAH okay sorry for being ia but herzwhatta i got. You were beautiful comin up a lil sooooon :D