castle on the hill - mileven

Inspired by what else but ed sheeran's song :))) It's really good so you should go listen to it,

By Claire

Eleven finally saw Mike going down to the basement. "Hello El," she smiled. Mike sat down and started setting everything up. in the small space under the table, they would have their little breakfast.

On their little table, there were two vanilla milkshakes, some smores and of course, eggos. Eleven's favorite.

Eleven started to gobble down on the eggos, and Mike chuckled. El looked up, as if to ask why he was laughing. Mike merely smiled. "Nothing, go on." She shrugged and continued to eat.

Mike started to drink his milkshake and at the end of the meal, they shared smores.

El dusted of the crumbs she got on her (well, nancy's) baby blue dress. "Get ready, we'll go outside in five." El asked, "to where?"

Again, Mike just smiled. "You'll see."

-

They walked in the woods where they first met. The woods was not as scary or dark as the first time they met. It was sunny and a bit cold.

They walked and walked until they saw a certain structure. Mike led the way to it and El saw clearer what it was. She gasped.

Just like Castle Byers, it was a for built out of wood, twigs, and blankets. But on top, it said, "Castle of Mike and El"

"Do you like it?" Mike asked. El smiled and nodded; she was as excited as a kid in a candy store.

This made Mike very happy; he'd been working on it for many weeks now.

Mike pushed aside the blanket that served as their door. Inside, there was a bean bag and a small table made of wood. There were also some posters of different movies that they have watched together.

"This is a castle just for us," Mike said, inviting her to sit on a bean bag.

El smiled, and sat beside him. Mike blushed. And they stayed there all day.

It was not a fancy castle, with many servants and golden platters. But it was theirs. And that's all that mattered.

I'll start writing happier one shots :)