until finn - fillie

By Delia

His arms were linked with hers, as he flashed a smile at her. He looked so happy, so bright, like he was complete. Whenever his eyes laid on her, it was a look of content, eyes with love and so much more. They walked the school hallway with people staring at them with admiration as the young couple grinned at each other.

They were too happy to notice the others. They had their own world in their eyes. They couldnt see the other people gaping at them as they passed. They didnt seem to care. They seemed to be trapped in a place where they were happy, where they found joy at.

A girl in one of the crowds stared blankly at them with eyes glistening with tears. It seemed just like yesterday that she was that girl, she was the one who walked the halls with him, the one who kissed him and nuzzled her face into his neck. She used to be the person that he laced his fingers with, or played with the curls of her hair. She used to be the person he ran to when he was sad, or the one who sat in the passenger seat of his car.

Her red flaming hair was curled around his finger as Sadie walked to her locker. There was nothing mean to say about Sadie. She had nice hair, nice eyes, cute freckles and a kind personality. She was amazing. Top student, pianist, and trying to pursue Art, she was a dream girl. Compared to Sadie, she was a piece of useless garbage.

Finn has always been that type of boy whose looks screamed cool kid. His personality and look has always been laid back and go with the flow. He has a kind heart and a lot of friends. It had been a year since he went back to his usual self, maybe even better. Sadie has added color and sparks into a canvas that used to be colored as well but washed and scrubbed clean with pain by a girl named Millie Bobby Brown.

Millie was a member of the school paper. She was that girl who sat in the back of the room with her hair always in a literally messy bun. She didnt wear it because she wanted to look pretty but because her hair always got in the way. She wore glasses and not contacts unlike her classmates. She didnt wear make up because she always couldnt get it right, but it was never a time that she really tried hard to achieve a nice look. She was beautiful in a different way.

But now things changed. The person Finn only saw wasnt the shy writer and a brunette anymore, but the dream girl of perfection with blue shining eyes.

;

If there was one thing Millie would choose to never forget about Finn, it would be that his hair smelled like peppermint.

His beanie always smelled like peppermint because his hair did. It was the mild scent of peppermint that reminded her of the countless reasons why she loved him. It was a small detail, but it would bring a ton of other big ones.

They met at the library. If this was where Millie usually was and considered it as her "home", it was where you'd be shocked to run into Finn Wolfhard. He wasnt dumb, but not one of those smart people. He was an average student.

Millie was going through a book about earthquakes for one of her articles in the paper when suddenly a guy with gorgeous dark hair was lazily searching through the shelves, carrying a card in his hand.

"E 12, E 12.. ugh where could that book even be?" he muttered to himself, not noticing that the girl near him was hearing it.

She put her thumb between the pages she was reading and looked at the spine of the book and let out a gasp. She had E 12.

She stood up and awkwardly tapped his shoulder. She knew herself she was socially awkward, and started to fiddle for her fingers. His eyes flew to meet hers, startled. "Oh Im sorry for startling you like that," she apologized, tucking loose strands of hair behind her ear. He smiled but didnt show teeth. "Oh it's cool," he said with a small shrug. His voice was calm.