Chapter 17

Ryan rode quickly to a shadier part of town. He stopped his bike on the side and started to walk around casually. He thumbed his knife in his jacket pockets.

He eyed a target and started to stalk him, nonchalantly striding behind him. He came up beside him and tugged him into a dark alley. He covered the guys mouth and held a knife against his throat.

"Don't beg for your life. Don't even fucking bother. It's worthless to me, just like your miserable life. Whether or not you're obedient makes me want to leave your body in a nice position or not."

The guy nodded and quivered in fear. His grey eyes watered.

"Now turn around like a good boy." Ryan released him, keeping the knife close at bay. The male turned around.

"Now, down on your knees, peasant. "

The man got down on his knees and bowed his head. Tears rolled down his cheeks. However, a smile adorned his face. "Thank you, my king. I knew one day you'd find me."

Without hesitation, Ryan slit his throat. Once he bled out, he dipped his fingers in his blood and drew a crown on the wall with a crack in it. He then wiped off his hands and started toward his bike.

"Sleep well, my servant."

Ryan mounted it, slipped on his helmet, and started it. He then carefully merged into traffic and sped off, doing a U-turn to head toward his apartment.

He arrived and parked in his spot, throwing the cover over his bike to protect it. He took off his helmet and jogged up the stairs to his meager apartment.

He hesitated before entering. 'Maybe I should talk to Ray about this. About my.. issues.'

Ryan shook off the thought and unlocked his door, entering his apartment. He set down the helmet and took off his shoes. He padded into the kitchen, suddenly feeling hungry. He checked his refrigerator and the pantry. They both were empty and collecting dust.

He sighed and pulled out his phone, ordering a pizza. In fact, he ordered two large meat lovers. Afterwards, he texted Ray to see if he wanted to come over for some food.

The Puerto Rican responded with an affirmative. A few minutes later, he knocked once and let himself in.

"Hey, Ray. Pizza will be here in half an hour. Do you want some water?"

"Nah. So what's up? You gonna take me up on my offer of a chat?" Ray sat on the couch, leaning back.

"I don't want this to become.. habitual. But yes. I just need to run some things by you. I don't exactly know how to proceed on a few subjects," Ryan sat on the couch beside him, resting his elbows on his knees.

"Well, I'll try to help. Lay 'em on me."

"First and foremost, I have a crush on Gavin. And Geoff, after some consideration and offense, gave me the go-ahead once the heist is done. Yet, I am unsure about Gavin. I am not 100 percent sure he even likes me. All I know is that he likes someone in the crew. It could be me, but it's more likely Michael, or even you. What do you think about this, Ray?"

"Well, first off, he is all yours. You can have him, I don't want him. My eyes are on a different prize, if you know what I mean," Ray waggled his eyebrows. "But I can assure you, Vav doesn't like me or Michael. See, at one point, Michael had this huge boner for him, this was before you or Lindsay showed up, and told him so one time during Lads Night at the Penthouse. Gavin just replied in his stupid British accent, 'Wot you on about, boi? Don't be a silly sausage. Stop faffing about and come play the game.' Just total shut down. Michael wasn't himself for a week afterwords."

"God damn, really? Are you sure he wasn't just confused?"

"Positive, dude. You didn't hear any of that from me, by the way. Wasn't supposed to mention it to anyone, commands of 'Mogar the Great Destroyer.'"

"Got it. Well, thank you, Ray. That was actually very insightful."

"No problemo. Anything else on your mind that is eating at your black soul?"

Ryan sighed and stood up. He stretched as he considered telling Ray the thing that has haunted him for years. 'Should I tell him? I mean, it IS really.. hard to handle sometimes. I'd rather not-'

There was a knock at the door, signalling the pizzas had arrived.

"We'll talk more later," Ryan promised as he headed toward the door. He opened it and paid the pizza guy, tipping him as well. He brought them in and set them on the Kitchen counter.

"Sweet. What kind you get?" Ray stood up and started toward the kitchen.

"Meat Lovers, I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all, pizza is pizza. Way better than fake, paper pizza."

"Agreed. Now, let's dig in."

Hey guys!! Sorry it has taken me so long to update! School and field trips and finals and just whooooo. Lots going on. Holidays! My birthday on the 21st! Just. Whew. I'll try harder, I promise. And for those of you who read my other works, sorry I haven't been updating them. Lots going on and I am just really invested in this fanfiction. Freewood for life. Anyway, Tschau! Ciao! Auf Wiedersiehen! Au Revoir! Adios! Bye!