Chapter 9

When Gavin came to, he was lying in the back of Michael's chrome car. He sat up, his head pounding. At first, he didn't realize where he was, or what had happened.

"Ryan? What happened?" He laid back down, clutching his throbbing head.

"Not Ryan, dumbass. Michael. Mi. Chael. Your boi, remember?" Michael turned around in the drivers seat to look at the Brit.

"Oh. Michael. Where's Ryan?" Gavin started to remember what happened. Leaving the restaurant, Ryan breaking, Ryan trying to leave, and then him suddenly blacking out. He deduced it must've been Ryan.

"I don't know, Gav. I never saw him. " Michael sighed and clenched his fists. "He knocked you out, didn't he? How could Geoff ever fucking trust the madman to not hurt you? What the fuck was he thinking?"

At those words, Gavin shot up and had his hands wrapped around Michael's throat. "Don't. Speak. About. Him. Like. That." His voice dripped with venom and his eyes full of something he had never seen in them before.

"Gav. Can't breathe." Michael choked, his fingers trying to pry Gavin's hands off if his neck. The other lad released his grip and sat back in the back.

"Sorry, Michael.. I don't know what just came over me. " The British boy brought his knees up to his chest and rested his head on it.

The explosive male stared at Gavin and trembled. He had never been scared or wary of him before now. He had always thought of him to be a bit of an idiot. Now, he wasn't so sure.

"I think.. I think we need to go talk to Geoff, okay?"

"No. I can't go back until I can drive the track in 3 minutes and 30 seconds," Gavin automatically said, his obedience to his adoptive father kicking in. His head hurt, his heart ached, but he can't disobey his Dad. He uncurled and started to get out of the car.

"Gav. Gavin, get your ass back in the car." Michael didn't bother trying that hard. He sighed and followed Gavin over to a different car.

The green-eyed boy chose the car he and Ryan had been using previously. He sat in the driver's seat, not bothering with a seat belt. Michael sat beside him, making sure he buckled up. He knew how Gavin drove.

As soon as Michael was in and had the stopwatch pulled up on his phone, he floored it. Gavin didn't bother with music that time. He skidded around turns and wove when he saw the cardboard cutouts of pedestrians. Overall, not his best drive.

"4 minutes and 5 seconds. Gavin, get your fucking head together. I don't know what happened or why you aren't being yourself, but snap the fuck out of it." He clicked on the music, tuning the radio to a station the boy liked to try to help Gavin focus.

The driver sighed and tried to get his head to stop hurting by resting it on the steering wheel. As soon as the music reached his ears, the pain started to subside. He lifted his head, a grin on his face. For that moment, he forgot his pain, his worry, and most of all, forgot his rage.

Gavin looked over at his boi and nodded. "Alright. I'm making 3 minutes and 30 seconds this time."

Michael nodded, happy to see his boi semi back to normal. The car sped off, the time was started, and Habits by Tove Lo played in the background.