Chapter 1

Gavin munched quietly on the apple as Geoff explained the next heist. He wasn't paying much attention, per usual. He just couldn't stop thinking about how technically he is kissing Ryan inadvertently by eating the apple.

"Vav...Gav... Gavin...GAVIN JESUS FUCKING CHRIST." Geoff yelled, trying to get the lad's attention.

"Wha?" Gavin blinked, shaking his head slightly.

"Did you hear a single god damn thing I just said? No. Of course you didn't. Let me repeat myself then. You are going to play a victim in this heist. You're going in 10 minutes before us into the jewelry store. Ryan and Michael will be coming in and holding everyone hostage, including you. You'll pretend to be scared and Ryan will come and shoot you in the chest. No, I see that look. You won't die. You'll be wearing one of those vests underneath. With the blood packets or whatever. You'll just have to pretend to be dead. It'll help intimidate everyone into giving us their money and the jewels. Then, after everyone has given us their valuables and we have most of the jewels, you'll get up and grab one of the guns and kill everyone except one person. Use the blood to write our message on the wall. Then we all leave in Jack's van and head to a nearby parking garage. We all switch to different vehicles. I'll be waiting at that meet up point with Ray to take the jewels and give you a change of clothes. You'll be riding with Ryan to the base - here's the catch though. YOU'RE driving. You have a week to brush up on your driving skills. You and Ryan will be going down to the tracks everyday until then. Alright, everyone understand the plan?"

Gavin nodded, looking around the room and seeing everyone else in various forms of agreement. Then he noticed Ryan eating the rest of the apple and throwing the core away. He smirked at him before leaving.

"Bastard!" Gavin went to get up and chase him down. Geoff grabbed the collar of his shirt and sat him back down.

"Nope. Sorry, buddy, you are staying here with me and we're gonna have a little chat, yeah?" Geoff looked irritated.

Gavin gulped. "What'd I do, Dad?" His voice wavered. He was scared of his dad, adopted dad, really.

"You. You don't have a fucking clue, do you? You daydream like a fucking idiot all day long and you still don't have a single idea. You like the Mad King. You are an idiot! A stupid fucking idiot!" Geoff, at this point, was pacing around and waving his arms.

Gavin looked up at him, beet red. His eyes followed the moving gent.

"No, Gavin. You can't. You can't fuck him, you can't have him. Its so stupid! He'll hurt you. He'll fucking KILL you. I can't let that happen. Outside of work, you can't have any contact with him. If you do, well, you'll regret it. Am I understood?"

Gavin was shaking at this point. "Yes sir." He whispered.

"Good. Now, run along off to the track with Ryan. Nothing ever happened here." Geoff waved him off. Gavin got up and started to leave.

"Oh, and Gavin?" Gavin turned to look at him. "Go take care of that... Issue."

With that, the lad left and headed off toward his room to change.