Chapter 6

The better part of the morning was filled with tires screeching and engines revving. This go around, however, was calmer.

"Let's give the engine a bit of a break, Gavin. Overworking an engine could cause it to overheat," Ryan stated. He heard Gavin whine and turn down the radio.

"But Rye! You know I can't drive slow well."

"Then all the more reason to practice."

Gavin mumbled and started driving at a more normal speed, which was around 60 mph. Ryan sighed and held the bridge of his nose. Once they made it back around, he sighed and stepped out of the car.

"Ryan! Where are you going, you mad man?" Gavin got out and jogged over to him.

"I'm thinking that maybe Geoff never taught you how to drive. Properly. So, I'm going to drive. Get in." Ryan slipped into the driver's seat and buckled up. He adjusted his mirrors and seat to adjusted for the difference in size.

As soon as Gavin was back in the car, this time on the passenger side, Ryan looked to face him.

"Buckle up. Click it or ticket, buddy. Restrain or pain." Ryan had a colder look in his eyes.

Gavin shuddered and nodded, buckling up. 'I wonder what he was on about. I'll ask later. '

Ryan revved the engine just a bit and started to drive. He drove at a near constant 40 mph, stopped fully at stop signs and lights, and never left his own lane. Once they were back at the start, Gavin yawned.

"If I drove as slow as you and stopped just as much, we'd never get away from anything." He smirked and pretended to think. "Well, maybe a tortoise. They are pretty slow."

Ryan laughed. "Well, Gav, it's important to know how to drive like a normal person so if we lose the cops, we can just hide in plain sight among other cars in traffic or along the freeway. "

"Or we can zip by and actually hide back at base or switch cars."

"No matter what, with how fast you drive, they'll find us. Even if we switch cars, they'll find us. No one drives as fast as you."

"Well, uh.. I got nothing. Fine. We can work on that tomorrow. But I have to be driving the course at a maximum of 3 minutes 30 seconds before we can go back, remember?"

"Right. Alright. Well, what are we at now?" Ryan inquired.

"What?! You haven't been keeping track? You're the bloody passenger! I'm driving." Gavin gave him an incredulous look.

"I forgot to. I've had other things on my mind."

"Like what? You can talk to me, you know that, right?"

Ryan sighed and looked down. "Can I really? I mean, I did almost torture you. I did almost threaten to kill you, albeit you were asleep. Then I kinda slept with your half naked body and broke your alarm clock. And kidnapped you. All in less than 6 hours. " He tugged at his hair.

"Ryan. Of course you can talk to me! And what's this about sleeping with me? And threatening to kill me?" Gavin raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, so I might've gotten to the penthouse early to threaten your life so I could figure out what's wrong. And instead of you waking up in terror of me holding a knife, which was dull, to your throat like I had imagined, you stayed asleep and pulled me down beside you. And you might've cuddled me and I might've fell asleep instead of trying again." Ryan slowly turned red as he continued on with his recount on what had happened earlier that day. "And when I woke up, I got clumsy and instead of pressing snooze on your alarm I might've broken it. And then I didn't want to wake you so I went through your stuff and grabbed some clothes. I bought breakfast and here we are."

Gavin started giggling and soon that turned into full out laughter. "That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The Mad King goes to threaten his friend and ends up sleeping with him! Wait until Micool hears this!"

"Well, you're the one who pulled me down and started cuddling me!"

"You're the one who broke into my bloody room! Serves you right!"

"Ugh. Let's just go get lunch. We'll come back and record you later."

"Don't switch topics- Ryan!" Gavin exclaimed as said person exited the vehicle to start toward a bike they kept at the track for practicing. Gavin proceeded to follow his example and jogged to catch up to him.

"Come on. Lunch. I'm buying." Ryan got on the bike and slipped on a plain black helmet. He gestures for Gavin to do the same. Once he did, the two were off to find a good burger joint.