Chapter 15

Hey, sorry for the delay on this chapter. My phone broke and I've been working.
Ryan opened the door and entered Gavin's room. The lad looked up. He gave a small smile.

"Hey Rye, look at what Geoff sent me earlier! He must've really been worried 'bout me."

Gavin patted beside his bed. Ryan came and sat beside him as he started reading his texts aloud.

"'Hey Gav, just making sure you're alright. Your room is a fucking wreck, buddy. ' at 6:05 this morning. Then, like an hour later, he said, 'Gavin, fucking answer me. You're scaring me, dude. ' and then at noon he finally lost it. He said, 'Gavin David Ramsey-Free, if you or Haywood doesn't answer your motherfucking phone, you don't want to know what I'll do.'"

"Huh. Good thing I answered my phone then. Or else I'd probably be dead."

"Nah, I bet he wouldn't kill you- you're too important to the team!" Gavin exclaimed before wincing and holding his head. "Bad idea.. "

"Hey, take it easy, Gavin. We can't have you keeling over now." Ryan said softly, his hand rested on the bed. 'I can't have you dying,' thought the gent.

Gavin laid his hand on the other male's and patted it. "I'm not going anywhere. I don't know what shenanigans the guy up top is pulling, but I'm here to stay. If not for your sake, then for Geoff's. He can be bloody mental sometimes."

"More mental than me?" He quirked an eyebrow.

"No one is more mental than you, Rye-Bread. No one can take that glory from you."

"Good. It's one of the only redeeming qualities I have." Ryan chuckled.

"Nah. You're smart, big, clever, and-"

Gavin was interrupted by the door opening and Geoff walking in with someone in tow.

"Gavin, this is Kerry. He is a nurse friend of Ray's. Met on a freelancer job or something shit that he took. He's gonna check you out." Geoff carelessly shoved everything off of the side table before sitting on it.

"Hi, Gavin, I'm Kerry. So, what seems to be the problem today?" Kerry stood on the opposite side of the bed.

"Well, my friend here knocked me out. And then I wrecked his car. So, my head really really hurts."

"Alright, can you sit up for me? I need to look at your head."

Gavin sat up shakily. Ryan immediately helped him sit up and kept a hand on his lower back.

"Thanks, Ryan."

Kerry took a little flashlight out of his pocket. "Could you follow the my light with your eyes?"

Kerry clicked on the light and started to move it side to side and up and down. He clicked off his flashlight.

"Alright. Can you tell me how many fingers I am holding up?" The nurse held up 1 finger.

"Uh, 2 fingers, I think. Wait, no, 3. 3 fingers."

"Is that your final answer?"

"Yes."

"Well, you're wrong. It was 1. I'm going to feel along your head and if there is pain, let me know." Kerry started to gently probe along the back of his head.

Gavin winced. He started moving his hands to the side and toward the front. He felt along his forehead. The lad winced again.

"Okay. Have you had trouble walking, or moving?"

"Yeah. I can't stand very well or walk. This brute has had to help me."

"Sensitivity to light or sound?"

"Sorta. Not too terribly bad, though. Mostly light."

"Is there any confusion about your name, date of birth, parents? Any lapses in memory?"

"I'm Gavin David Ramsey-Free, today is Tuesday, in November. I don't remember the exact day. Geoff adopted me at 17, and I don't think I have any blank spots in my memory."

"Alright. Thank you, that will be all. It looks like you have a mild concussion. For the next few days I recommend rest. You can start doing more physical activity in about a week. No alcohol for the next week, and I'm going to get you some medication for the pain."

"This won't be on the official record, right?" Geoff spoke up.

"No, sir. I'm just doing this as a favor to Ray. He saved my life one time." Kerry made sure he had everything before leaving. "I'll make sure some meds gets to you."

"Alright. Thanks, Kerry," Gavin said. Geoff nodded at the nurse. The male left and the three were left in the room.