Chapter 31

Elsa was surprised at how nice Molly actually was. At first, she seemed cold, a bit distant. But then she told Elsa about how long she's known Sherlock, and how much he seems to trust her. It all made sense after that.

Molly had felt threatened by Elsa's appearance in Sherlock's life, and how 'significant' she was in his mind.

How quaint.

Basic female jealousy. Elsa knew how that worked, sort of. She was usually the girl that people were jealous of, but she knew the effects of envy. She'd read about them enough.

The tea parlor they had ended up stopping at was a cute little shop, the tea cups were nice and posh with the handles curling inwards. It gave off a nice warm vibe that seemed to suppress any harmful emotions, as Molly's shoulders immediately lowered as soon as she had stepped inside.

They had been talking with each other, as known as criticizing Sherlock's quirks and discussing the current season of Glee, for almost an hour and a half before Jim surprisingly stepped into the shop.

"Jim!?"

"Oh, hi Molly, I'm just here to pick up some brews..." he awkwardly walked over to them, "Elsa? Right? No last name?"

She curled the sides of her lips into an almost flirtatious smile, "Yes, that's me. I think I'm the one and only... Elsa Wiggens, I mean. Obviously there are other Elsas out there. It would be ridiculous to think that I'm the only one. Imagine that, only one Elsa in the whole world. Or better yet, only one person per name! I bet that would make a bunch of things less confusing. Once, in primary school, I had two friends with the same name. It was so funny to say it and have both of them turn their heads at the same time, cuz they never knew who I was actually talking to. Thing was, I wasn't actually talking to either of 'em! I just really liked seeing them both respond at the same time, it was ridiculous! And I'm rambling again, aren't I?"

Molly slowly nodded her head.

"Well, anyways, Elsa it nice meeting you earlier today. And it was ESPECIALLY nice to have met Sherlock Holmes. Do tell him I said that, will you?"

"Yes, of course. He was, uhh... glad to meet you as well. Well, umm, look at the time! I should be going, and you two have some date thing, correct? So I'll see you later, I suppose..."

Elsa stood up and collected her jacket, but Jim held up a hand to motion for her to stop.

"You could join us, you know?"

Molly threw a confused glare at him.

"Umm, no. I'm good. I don't want to intrude or anything. I'll just be on my way. Bye Molly, it was nice talking to you!" She quickly walked out of the shop before she could hear any response.

Jim certainly seemed nice, but inviting her to his date with Molly? Wasn't it some sort of dating rule, you can't have three people go on the same date? She could be wrong, Elsa had never really been the girl for the dating field, except for when it was serious, such as her previous boyfriend. But culture could be different in a more city-like area compared to her home with houses spread far apart.

Molly didn't seem very happy with his surprising invitation either. They had pretty much had just gotten over the whole 'new girl in Sherlock's life' thing. If their newfound friendship is to last, Elsa would have to be very careful to not intrude or seemingly corrupt any of Molly's relationships.

She hailed a taxi and told the cabbie to drive to Baker Street.