Chapter 6

"Sherlock, dear. This taxi driver..."

"Mrs. Hudson, isn't it time for your evening soother?"

"But Sherlock, listen-"

"Elsa, shut up, I need to figure this out!"

Elsa saw the cabbie walking up the stairs and stand behind Mrs. Hudson. She walked over to Sherlock and tried to hide behind his tall figure. That man defiantly gave her the creeps.

"What are you doing!? Nevermind. We need to get vehicles, get a helicopter. We're gonna have to move fast. This phone battery won't last forever,"

Mrs. Hudson started looking around nervously, noticing the cabbie behind her.

"Sherlock.." Elsa started, tugging at his sleeve. He once again ignored her, rushing over to John.

"What is it? Quickly, where!?"

"It's here. It's in 221B Baker Street."

"How can it be here? HOW?" Sherlock said, stepping back.

"Well, maybe it was in the case when you brought it back and it fell out somewhere," Lestrade chimed.

"What, and I didn't notice it? ME? I didn't notice?" Elsa sighed as she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Anyway, we texted him and he called back," John backed him up.

Lestrade turned to his men. "Guys, we're also looking for a mobile somewhere here, belonged to the victim... Most likely pink."

Elsa noticed Sherlock starting to tune out everything. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the cabbie slightly pull out a pink phone.

"Sherlock!" She whispered, "I think I figured it out..."

Before she could finish, he received a text. She peered over his arm and was able to read "COME WITH ME" before Sherlock jerked his arm away. He turned to leave.

"Sherlock, no! Please don't go! Don't go with him!" She whispered once again, attempting in vain to get his attention.

"Sherlock, you okay?" John asked.

"Hmm? What? Yeah, yeah, I-I'm fine." He replied.

"So how can the phone be here?"

"Dunno"

"I'll try again"

"Good idea," Sherlock walked to the door, despite Elsa's attempts to pull him back.

"Where are you going?"

"Fresh air. Just popping outside for a moment. Won't be long."

"You sure you're all right?"

Of course he isn't, Elsa thought. He's going after a bloody murderer without any backup!

"I'm fine," he lied as he jogged down the stairs. Elsa hit herself for not being able to stop him. She ran to the window, hoping he wouldn't get in the cab. John joined her as he called Sherlock on his mobile.

Of course, he got in the bloody cab. She didn't expect anything else, but she hoped. So much for faith... Elsa watched the taxi drive away.

"I'll try the search again," John replied to Lestrade.

"Does it matter?" Donovan interrupted, "Does any of it? You know, he's just a lunatic, and he'll always let you down, and you're wasting your time. ALL our time."

Lestrade looked at Donovan and sighed. "Okay, everybody. Done 'ere."

Elsa watched as the drug bust team slowly trickled out of the flat. She saw Lestrade lag behind.